How will users be affected during upgrade?

mm

I am upgrading a Win NT domain to AD (Win 2K), during this upgrade will my
users still be able to access network resources (reboots aside) or do I need
to have log off the network? The PDC's only role is authentication, user
accounts, etc., no printers or files exist on this box.

"MM" wrote:

> I am upgrading a Win NT domain to AD (Win 2K), during this upgrade will my
> users still be able to access network resources (reboots aside) or do I need
> to have log off the network? The PDC's only role is authentication, user
> accounts, etc., no printers or files exist on this box.

Do you have a BDC in NT domain? If the resources require authentication,
then they will be down while you are upgrading. I did not do a in place
upgrade of NT to win2k, but I believe you will see some interruption of
service while the upgrade runs.

Carlos