Pata

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2001
I have four computers, three on windows XP and one on Linux. All are connected to the internet via a D Link DI-704.
I had to reformat and reload one of my computers yesterday with windows XP and then proceeded to set up the networking. I will call the windows computers A, B and C. I reformatted A. Having run the networking wizard I can now from A read C but not B. B will not let A or C in. I need permission from the administrater. There is no administrater on any computer. C can read A but not B. B can read A and C. Does anybody know what is going on????

sturm

Splendid
did you make the disk during the network wizard setup to run on the other computers?
Check that all computers are in the same workgroup and have drives or folders shared.

Pata

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2001
I did not make a disk as all are running windows XP. I'll check the sharing, but I'm sure I have allowed all sharing.

Pata

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2001
Tried the one disc and made sure all "B" files were shared. Still, I get the message

"B" is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Access is denied.

I am the administrator. there is only one account on each computer.