Sign in with
Your question

i need to OPTIMIZE MY 8800 GTX FOR DESIGN? (CAD)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 22, 2007 9:15:14 PM

hi im an industrial designer and i need to optimize my gpu (geforce 8800 gtx ) , for CAD aplications do you know any driver or tweak??

my sistem specifictions

core 2 duo E6600
evga mobo 680i AR
2gigs ddr2 800
geforce 8800GTX
thermaltake, 600w dual 12, blablabla

thats all, gracias (thanks) for your help.

8)
March 22, 2007 9:49:36 PM

dout your GPU will have any problem using CAD apps in res, as it is. you could always download riva tuner or unlock coolbits, and overclock it, but iw ould leave it as it is.

If your an industrail designer, wouldnt a quadro been a better choice that is similar but optimised for high performance but with precise renders and multi moniter setup?
March 22, 2007 9:54:49 PM

Cad is mostly processor and memory driven.

And yes, a Nvidia Quadro card would have been a much better choice unless you game in spare time as well.
Related resources
March 23, 2007 12:15:07 AM

hello, thanks for the quick answer,

yea i thougt to buy the quadro option , but,the 8800GTX has a lot of features that the quadro's dont ( the same price range quadros) like direct x 10 openGL 2.0 shader model 4.0 and quantum efects procesing ( i guess this one, will improve in the animations workflow.), also idont know very good about quadro configurations ( mobo processor, RAM ETC. ).

well and i like playing too jeje.

i just wanna know its any driver or anything out there that optimize my geforce 8800gtx for CAD ( also my card works very good, but like anyone i'd like to squeeze its potential. ).

thanks for the answers. todo bien

8)
March 23, 2007 12:53:32 AM

Thought they released dx10 quadros
March 23, 2007 12:55:02 AM

Quote:
hello, thanks for the quick answer,

yea i thougt to buy the quadro option , but,the 8800GTX has a lot of features that the quadro's dont ( the same price range quadros) like direct x 10 openGL 2.0 shader model 4.0 and quantum efects procesing ( i guess this one, will improve in the animations workflow.), also idont know very good about quadro configurations ( mobo processor, RAM ETC. ).

well and i like playing too jeje.

i just wanna know its any driver or anything out there that optimize my geforce 8800gtx for CAD ( also my card works very good, but like anyone i'd like to squeeze its potential. ).

thanks for the answers. todo bien

8)

theres a 8800 version quadro already.. but they cost over 2,000 US
and if I remember correctly, normal 8800s ( for consumers) dont support render by hardware aceleration for cad or similar aplications(like 3dstudiomax..etc..) they will still render using CPU
March 27, 2007 4:22:32 PM

do you know if this nvidia driver (CUDA) WORKS ON IT?? HOW?

gracias
March 27, 2007 4:46:58 PM

Quote:
if I remember correctly, normal 8800s ( for consumers) dont support render by hardware aceleration for cad or similar aplications(like 3dstudiomax..etc..) they will still render using CPU

A regular 8800 will still accelerate the viewports of a 3d App like Maya or 3ds MAX.

The quadro drivers are much more specialized in their optimizations and will result in better viewport performance though.

[EDIT] AH, you meant final render acceleration, not viewport... my mistake. [/edit]
!