Unlock V551

Last response: in Network Providers
December 26, 2004 2:22:34 PM

Do I need to unlock my Moto V551 before I can use different SIM cards in it?
I have read in at least one place that Cingular's phones are not locked, but
I don't know if I should believe that. If it does need to be unlocked, does
anyone know a good source for unlock codes for this phone?

Thanks.

More about : unlock v551

Anonymous
December 26, 2004 4:22:56 PM

I just got a V551 and it's locked. The Cingular person that helped me was
expecting the phone to be unlocked but I guess Cingular is going to locked
phones in some cases. Oddly enough, on that very same day I also got a
Motorola 220 and it wasn't locked...go figure...

Cheers
TC

"Jacob Strieck" <strieck@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> Do I need to unlock my Moto V551 before I can use different SIM cards in
it?
> I have read in at least one place that Cingular's phones are not locked,
but
> I don't know if I should believe that. If it does need to be unlocked,
does
> anyone know a good source for unlock codes for this phone?
>
> Thanks.

December 26, 2004 6:51:07 PM

Jacob Strieck wrote:

> Do I need to unlock my Moto V551 before I can use different SIM cards in it?
> I have read in at least one place that Cingular's phones are not locked, but
> I don't know if I should believe that. If it does need to be unlocked, does
> anyone know a good source for unlock codes for this phone?
>
> Thanks.

I think my new V551 is locked because a message said "SIM blocked" at
some point the other day.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

I have heard a few different things on the 551,My friends came unlocked he
got another and its locked.
There is a place http://www.howardforums.com/ do a search on your phone and
you will find what you need to do it yourself.
its fun its easy I have a Cingular Sim and a T-Mobile that I use to check
"Jacob Strieck" <strieck@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> Do I need to unlock my Moto V551 before I can use different SIM cards in
it?
> I have read in at least one place that Cingular's phones are not locked,
but
> I don't know if I should believe that. If it does need to be unlocked,
does
> anyone know a good source for unlock codes for this phone?
>
> Thanks.

December 28, 2004 4:23:20 PM

so where did you shop? state? Cingular, Best Buy, or other? In the case
of the MPx220, if you get it from Cingular it comes locked, from BB it
is unlocked...
December 28, 2004 7:08:11 PM

We bought it through Amazon.com. The phone is being shipped from
either Campbellsville or Lexington KY. I can't tell which is the
origin. Don't know who is actually sending it.

Dick

On 28 Dec 2004 13:23:20 -0800, "Drew" <sunsurfh2o@yahoo.com> wrote:

>so where did you shop? state? Cingular, Best Buy, or other? In the case
>of the MPx220, if you get it from Cingular it comes locked, from BB it
>is unlocked...
Anonymous
December 28, 2004 7:14:38 PM

Got one last week from Cingular and it was unlocked. Popped in a Tmobile
SIM and it worked right away. Seems to be hit or miss depending on where
you shop.

!