Fast Responses Needed NOW!!!!!

dufus

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
My local CompUSA is closing and they are selling off everything. I ran around inside today looking for stuff I might want/need and now I need some quick opinions on mice and keyboards (the only thing they had that seemed to be something I need/want.) I will have to get there tomorrow (Friday 3-23) to have a chance of getting either of these, so be quick with your opinions please!!!

I game and I video edit, and am building a system on which to do both in the next month or so.

Logitech G15 keyboard. Do I want one? Is there something better?

Logitech G7 vs G5 Mouse. Cord vs Wireless. Which one do I want and why?

Many Thanks In Advance

SEALBoy

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
What's you current keyboard? If it's a generic-ish keyboard you might want to look into the G15.

The G7 is basically a cordless G5. Most gamers prefer the G5 since it has no lag on startup (although the G7's lag is very small) and also because the G7 has horrible battery economy.

Fedor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Dont know about keyboard, but as for mouse, wired. Some people like myself still feel there is a slight delay of wireless mice, and even if its just psychological its annoying. Plus, the wireless uses batteries so you'll need to put it on the recharger and so on = hassle. Wired! :)

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Get the G15 and G5. I have the G15 and G7 mouse, love the keyboard...the mouse battery dies too fast. Switching out during live action sucks. The G5 is a solid gaming mouse. As for the G15, if I could do it over I'd just get the G11. Not worth the extra cash for the LCD.

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
I have both the G15 and the G5 and I love them both. You won't regret getting the G5 mouse, but I can't say the same for the G15 keyboard. I am not going to try to justify the $$$ I spent for the lcd feature on my keyboard, but I have grown attached to it :lol: . I can say it is definitely a quality keyboard: the keystrokes are smooth. I can not really say anything negative about the keyboard other than it might be expensive. If you can afford both the keyboard and mouse, go for it. But, before you buy anything, you might want to post the prices they are selling the items for, because, as mpilchfamily said:
You will probably find a better deal on line.

linhans

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2007
If what you buy doesn`t work, where will you be then. Be careful of that `All Sales Final` sign. Not a very reputable store. Good Luck.

I sold my G15 keyboard; The blue illumination on the keys were too dim. I got the microsoft 4000 ergonomic keyboard, and I love it. I had a non-responsive "Q" key, and microsoft promptly replaced the keyboard directly with no hassles. Do check online prices first.

Just gonna toss my 2c here

Get the G5. over time the cordless transmitter can get weak and you will get more and more lag. Also if it is 2.4(sure it is) then phones, wireless internet and microwaves may adversely affect the performance.

Just a note. I am getting cutting out on my MX700(not lag as it does not seem to buffer anything). When it works there is NO cutting out, however I tried the MX1000 for bluetooth and it was hell. Mouse moves would happen half a second after they where made in some cases. This was reduced with the BT adapter in the front USB port, but thats a joke.

Shizamaaur

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2006
Hmm that's awkward. I have had my G7 for 2 years and i haven't had any problem with it. No startup lag at all and the battery lasts me a great amount of time.... hmm. Anyway they are both really good mice, I just like the G7 because one, it's wireless, and two, the checkered design rocks!

Fedor

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2007
Considering he said he was going to the shop on the 23rd, I'm pretty certain we can consider this thread closed. Heh...

dufus

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
I did shop on the 23rd, and prices with discounts (15-30%) were not all that great. I told a manager that I could get these items online for 2/3rd the price, and asked if they would price match. I said no, the liquidators "have a plan (yeah, to milk the unsuspecting consumer dry)" and that they would probably be open for 6 more weeks. I will buy online but will continue to check in maybe once a week or so to see what happens to those discount percentages but I am not holding my breath.

dj_taboo

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
I went in there yesterday looking for a mouse. So called gaming controllers (gaming mice, gaming keyboards, joysticks) are on sale for 15% off. Not much since the Habu, G5, mx518, and Copperhead still cost more than the Egg. At least all the games are 15% off too.
In the end i just picked up a magazine there. 8)
I'm going back in two weeks. Maybe if things were down to 20% or 30% i might consider picking something up.