Lets give ATI/AMD a break

amddiesel

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2006
I think everyone should relax about the r600 release dates. ATI has always released good products over the years and im sure the r600 will be another hit. I know we are all a little hotheaded about ATI's equivalent solution to the 8800gtx. We need these cards for dx10 (crysis) games but lets hope the ypend some time and get the drivers right and have a great experience right out of the box

I still have hope for ATI/AMD

and yes im a fan of good products 8)

Bosaka

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2006
LOL give DAAMIT a break? Where was the break for Intel and Nvidia when they were slower? You guys just need to take it like a man.

tekzor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
I think everyone should relax about the r600 release dates. ATI has always released good products over the years and im sure the r600 will be another hit. I know we are all a little hotheaded about ATI's equivalent solution to the 8800gtx. We need these cards for dx10 (crysis) games but lets hope the ypend some time and get the drivers right and have a great experience right out of the box

I didn't know that the things people say about AMD on this forum were hurting AMD. I didn't know our opinions affected the way AMD operated and made money. I'm sorry.
OOPS

Eviltwin17

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2006
to bosaka:

intel didnt deserve a break because it took them the whole freaking lifespan of the pentium 4 to release something that could give AMD a run for its money.

At least AMD is quick to respond with a product that has potential to compete with intel, and also AMD has been the underdog for a long time with fewer employees and a smaller budget

thats like saying you shouldnt give the little kid being picked on at school a break because hes little, where is the logic there?

no im not a fanboy but i have been partial to AMD for the longest time because they had a better product and have made innovations in the past.

although the core2 chips are looking sexier and sexier everyday :)

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

hummm...is the rig in your signature crying? or is just you??

bluntside

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
To all who has no heart for AMD, Keep in mind that INTEL has 17 fabrication labes whereas AMD only has 3.

Of course AMD will be a bit slower in development of cpu technology, but I and very sure that AMD along with ATI will pull something so phenominal, it will just drop you jaws to the ground. AS for Intel, they definetly have some kick ass products.

But yea, I admit it I am and AMD/ATi fanboy, however I own a 7900gt.

but sssshhhhhh keep that a secret from my buddies :wink:

pauldh

Illustrious
But yea, I admit it I am and AMD/ATi fanboy, however I own a 7900gt.

but sssshhhhhh keep that a secret from my buddies
Don't they already suspect it while watching your textures shimmer?
devil12.gif