Hello,

How could I delete a service in the Computer Management/Services option of
the Control Panel please for I try to do it pressing the del button and
nothing happens. Thank you very much indeed.

Sincerely yours,

Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc.
Ph.D. candidate
Virginia Tech
Professor, Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica e Mecatrônica, PUC/RS

Hi

Which particular Service did you want to disable. Some are needed by
Windows for the system to run properly. You can disable Services by typing

services.msc

from Start>Run. Scroll down to the appropriate Service, right click it then
select Stop.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

"Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc." <andreltramos@terra.com.br> wrote
in message news:ufefaGjNFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> How could I delete a service in the Computer Management/Services option of
> the Control Panel please for I try to do it pressing the del button and
> nothing happens. Thank you very much indeed.
>
> Sincerely yours,
>
> Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc.
> Ph.D. candidate
> Virginia Tech
> Professor, Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica e Mecatrônica, PUC/RS

Hello,

Thank you very much for your response. The services I want to delete are
the services related to the oracle database I installed and now I am unable
to uninstall unfortunately. Thank you very much again for your information.

Prof. André Luiz Tietböhl Ramos, M.Sc. wrote:

> [...] The services I want to delete are the services related to the oracle
> database I installed and now I am unable to uninstall unfortunately. [...]

Go to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services
and find in its sub keys "DisplayName" value like the name of service
you want to delete. Then delete sub key that contains that name.

--
Regards
Arkadiusz 'Black Fox' Artyszuk