Newly installed TT120, high temps?

PuffinMyLye

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I installed a TT in my new rig and I'm getting awfully high temps. The first time I installed it I put the line of AS5 down the middle like AS suggests but after getting temps at 40C Idle, 60+ Load, I attempted to reseat and reapply just a rice grain size of AS5 in the center on the advice of some others. First time I turned the computer on after re-seating I got better temps of 35C Idle, 52 Load. Now keep in mind this is on stock FSB and voltages so I haven't even attempted to OC yet. What could be wrong here? I have the fan pointed the right way, I have decent airflow in my case as well. I'm really confused at this point. I feel like I could have gotten these temps easily with the stock Intel fan.

stefx

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
what CPU are you using it on?

Keep in mind that the temp will depend on your case airflow. If your case airflow is low, it will increase the CPU temp.

What video card do you have, and does it exhaust outside or in the case?

PuffinMyLye

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
what CPU are you using it on?

Keep in mind that the temp will depend on your case airflow. If your case airflow is low, it will increase the CPU temp.

What video card do you have, and does it exhaust outside or in the case?

I'm running it with an e4300 and I think I have pretty good airflow. I have a 120mm bay fan blowing right at the TT, the TT fan blows towards my 120mm exhaust which blows the air out of my case. I also have a 80mm instake at the bottom front of my case and a 80mm exhaust on the side.