darkangelism

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
I am having an issue when I add a PCI-e card into the 4X PCI-e slot on my lanparty UT sli-d board. The system wont post when the card is in the system, It is an lsi logic megaraid SAS 8308ELP raid card that is a 4X pci-e card, I have tried it in both the 4X slot and the 2nd 16X slot with and without sli enabled, and with both 1 and 2 video cards in the system. I get no video no post with it, and it comes up fine when i dont have the card in the system. I have tried reseating memory and processor and all the pci-e cards, disconnect fans and hard drives, I have a 550w power supply an opteron 170 which was OCed but now isnt, 2GB DDR 500 corsair memory, and i tried with just 1 stick of memory in the system. I also tried switching my proc heatsink and removed and reinstalled my motherboard from the case. LSI claims it is a motherboard issue and not a card issue, so i emailed DFI support, but i wanted to see if anybody here had any ideas.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Are you running the latest BIOS and mobo drivers? Have you checked all your RAID BIOS settings? Some RAID drivers can be installed through XP, I've never cone it, I always install them using F6 during Windows installation.

darkangelism

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
i am running the lastest bios...drivers are not an issue as the system wont post with the card in the system...from what i have been able to find is that NF4 chipset sucks and has all sorts of issues with pci-e cards, so hopefully intel dropps prices on quad core soon so i can move to an intel chipset and proc

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Interesting, didn't know NF4 had problems with pci-e but then then I don't have any pci-e cards. I was thinking of checking for drivers with the card out of the machine