  • Nintendo
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 1, 2005 9:24:43 PM

anyone know if emerald works with getting jirachi from the bonus disc? i
didn't want to mess anything up if it isn't compatible...

More about : colosseum bonus disc emerald

May 2, 2005 2:55:02 AM

>On Sun, 01 May 2005 17:24:43 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
>anyone know if emerald works with getting jirachi from the bonus disc? i
>didn't want to mess anything up if it isn't compatible...

in theory it should work. if it doesn't, put Jirachi into Ruby or
Sapphire as was meant to be at the time and then trade from R/S to
Emerald.
Anonymous
May 3, 2005 2:49:54 PM

James wrote:
>>On Sun, 01 May 2005 17:24:43 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>anyone know if emerald works with getting jirachi from the bonus disc? i
>>didn't want to mess anything up if it isn't compatible...
>

> in theory it should work. if it doesn't, put Jirachi into Ruby or
> Sapphire as was meant to be at the time and then trade from R/S to
> Emerald.

I tried it, it doesn't work. Also, you can't trade any non-Hoenn pokemon
or eggs until after you beat the elite four and get the National Pokedex
from Prof. Birch.

Which really irked me, since I spent quite a bit of time creating a
bunch of eggs for the "perfect" pokemon team to use in Emerald, and now
they won't do me any good.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:13:50 AM

"Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message
news:o -mdnWuy0f1eJOrfRVn-1A@comcast.com...
> James wrote:
>>>On Sun, 01 May 2005 17:24:43 -0400, John Salerno
>>><johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>anyone know if emerald works with getting jirachi from the bonus disc? i
>>>didn't want to mess anything up if it isn't compatible...
>>

>> in theory it should work. if it doesn't, put Jirachi into Ruby or
>> Sapphire as was meant to be at the time and then trade from R/S to
>> Emerald.
>>

> I tried it, it doesn't work. Also, you can't trade any non-Hoenn pokemon
> or eggs until after you beat the elite four and get the National Pokedex
> from Prof. Birch.
>
> Which really irked me, since I spent quite a bit of time creating a bunch
> of eggs for the "perfect" pokemon team to use in Emerald, and now they
> won't do me any good.

You have to trade from Ruby or Saph once you get Jirachi there.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 1:13:51 AM

Raph wrote:
> "Brion K. Lienhart" <brionl@lienhart.name> wrote in message
> news:o -mdnWuy0f1eJOrfRVn-1A@comcast.com...

>>>in theory it should work. if it doesn't, put Jirachi into Ruby or
>>>Sapphire as was meant to be at the time and then trade from R/S to
>>>Emerald.
>>>

>>I tried it, it doesn't work. Also, you can't trade any non-Hoenn pokemon
>>or eggs until after you beat the elite four and get the National Pokedex
>>from Prof. Birch.
>>
>>Which really irked me, since I spent quite a bit of time creating a bunch
>>of eggs for the "perfect" pokemon team to use in Emerald, and now they
>>won't do me any good.
>

> You have to trade from Ruby or Saph once you get Jirachi there.

Shucks. I wanted a fresh Jirachi in Emerald. I don't want to start over
on Sapphire, so I guess I'll just have to use my level 50ish Jirachi.

Ah well, my ultimate goal in Emerald is to fill up my Pokedex as much as
I can.
!