Sign in with
Your question

I am new to this all softwares as im in 3rd year mech . I wanted to know which w

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
September 14, 2011 9:37:53 AM

i am new to this all softwares as im in 3rd year mech . I wanted to know which wud be the best software to start with as i know solidedge which is taught in the collge nothing else still. I am confussed to opt wht in combination between AUTOCAD , CATIA, PRO-E , ANSYS ? PLZZ HELP ME ....
September 14, 2011 1:14:40 PM

"3rd year mech" doesnt tell us what you're studying to be or what you expect in a program. mechanical engineering? mechanical drafting?

as far as drafting goes... autocad has a fairly large market share which means that you will see it around all the time. other programs well known in this field are microstation, inventor (similar to autocad), revit as well as a few others.

as far as engineering goes... it depends on what dicipline you study.
m
l
September 14, 2011 2:54:44 PM

i want to be in design field but i dont know what the analysis part means as i am not so good in fluid mechanics and kom numerical problem . i want to be in a position where i being of mech dosent seems important than i have learnt some software.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 14, 2011 2:57:48 PM

i just want to know which software shud i be starting with so as when i complete 4th year or if i apply for part time i wud be in good position to get job (in design field as i love to imaging things in 3d and various components but i still dont know anything abt analysis software or ...other things abt analysis )
m
l
September 14, 2011 6:12:25 PM

normally the design field is split in two parts:

drafter/designers: the people who actually 3d model, make drawings. there are chances for free-thinking and design work but you require an engineer for calculations

engineers: the people who actually do calculations (such as fluid dynamics). often the only 3d or drafting work they do is inside the calculation programs. typically their input is given to drafter/designers for creation.

there are a few positions which want you to be able to do both, but i would say this isn't the normal way things are done. the reason is because drafters are cheaper so they want to use the cheapest source of labor for the longest process. if an engineer had to draw everything up it could easily triple, quadruple the budget requirements.

---

what program you want to learn will depend on what market segment you want to go after. auto design, architectural, structural, piping, mechanical....all have preferred programs.

in terms of drafting and 3d the ones i listed above are the basic ones that everyone knows about and you are most likely to see in the workplace.

m
l
September 14, 2011 7:09:17 PM

so which wud be the best software to start with to get a job at some company which passes certificate for the company machines like cnc or automobile safety ?
m
l
!