Why THG dilibrately hides Information/Articles

mi1400

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
UPDATED:

Why is so that THG while writting revies refrain to no extent to throw dirt in face of companies they dont like ...... like ATI, INTEL etc.... THG when write ruthless articles at them, why forgets that why dont they write an article on their pathetic website design and cheapest search capabilitues. Whatever u read the same day of its publishing (on THG) is first and only chance to keep that document. Then u just put every darn combination of words intheir search modules to get nothing but anoyance and high-blood-pressure.

I never use THG search model but rather use google with "site:" keyword to search but after a design change in THG few months back the design is pathetic that even google couldnt search anymore.

There used be Search Articles in OLD THG design but now its useless.

I had to search for an Article once published on THG about softwares compared for backup and recovery.

This not it. every article u'll see doesnot have a onepage-version or a printer-friendly-version. Just imagine how much THG is proud of its writtings and advocates of freedom of inforfamtion.

Every article now has a code behind to prevent user from saving it as .MHT/.HTML etc giving error of "The Web page could not be saved to The selected Location."

It requires the elite members of THG forums to "force" THG for user firendly measures and honour the reader.

Whole THG should have calender type thing to browse every module in that date. currently similar thing in place totally irrelevant. Just go here http://www.tomshardware.com/storage/solutions/index.html and click "Archived Stories" at page bottom and THG starts wandering in news having just no reevane to the category.

Please force them to make each article in appropriate folder like news folders so one could search through google search "Backup softwares site: tomshardware.com/storage/softwares"

And force them to make each article with feature of one-page-version (nomatter the page size is 10-MB +/-) and Printer-friendly and/or PDF version of article. and remove that save restriction of "The Web page could not be saved to The selected Location."

Thanks and Regards

riser

Illustrious
because idiots like you get pissed off and we all enjoy watching you cry.

THG publishes other people's articles a lot. THG does reviews. They go by the facts.

Hey, don't like it? leave. We're all adults here and fully capable of making our own decisions.

mi1400

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
yea i can see ur "They go by the facts" what factual reply u have written.....I have seen posts from you. you r very less technical and a person who just want to speak 'for the sake of speaking'.

You couldnt falsify the raised problems and just wrote. The problems mensioned are grave and should be addressed and solved. These problems persist for years and are just just increasing to be prcise the curent THG is a pleagued design than it was.

I have no problem of leaving it and switching to ExtremeTech but u cant deny the problems i have mensioned. I had to ask forcing THG cuz i have written few mails to them dirsctly but they couldnt falsify my requests at all.

aboutr your "THG publishes other people's articles a lot. THG does reviews." The news section does that while the Articles section is composed and written by THG itself and this is the pleagued area only. The news are maintained in a correct performing calender its ony the search on news is still very very weak. The articles scetion is pleagues with every problem.

I hope this makes you understand.

dark-angel

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Whoa! 8O 8O 8O

Why so hostile? If you don't dig it, you can try another site.

For me, I just found out about the site a little while ago and its been overall very useful. I just bought a custom made rig and the input from the fellow users made me make meaningful changes to my rig before I dropped a dime to NewEgg.

Haven't tried the search capabilities so I can't comment on that but overall, great job...and I didn't have to pay a penny to be here.

Just my 2 cents.