Newegg shipping problem

pabzOr

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
Hi all. I recently ordered a few items for my build from newegg.ca. First of all I will say I was mislead by purchasing something from the .ca website thinking I would get to skip all the US/Canada border hassles only to find out my parts are still coming from America. UGh.

So I purchased the Purolator Express service which guarantees delivery by the end of the next business day. It is now 3 days later, and my package still has not arrived. So I called purolator to ask them why and they said it was delivered by ground and is still in the USA. They told me that I myself did not purchase the service, it was newegg, and I have to take it up with them.

I am extremely disappointed in Newegg for selling me a service and not providing it to me. I don't know whether it was a mistake, or I was misinformed or I got ripped off but I feel ripped off. Now I have a big hassle in front of me to sort this out, get refunded, and bottom line is I am going to be waiting a lot longer for my parts then I have to.

I will probably never order from newegg again because of this. It is my first experience with them and not a good one. At first I was mad at purolator but now I realize it was not their fault but newegg's.

Newegg CSR: "Your order has been shipped out on 9/12 with Purolator Express tracking # KBM000074224. Packages with Express Delivery take up to 5 business days to be delivered. If you have not received the package by the end of 9/19, please contact us back and we will refund the shipping charge."

Why am I paying for a service that claims by the end of next day delivery if it takes up to 5 business days to be delivered? Why did Purolator tell me that it was shipped using Ground service but Newegg insists it was shipped using Express?

Most likely due to the border issue. International can take longer.

Could be a mixup but newegg normally gets it right. Calling customer service normally fixes anything.

Newegg really does deserve #1 status. Look at all the positive feedback.

Also i doubt you read the international page. Or called them up.

pabzOr

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2011
I did read the international page. The Express service to and from United States is the same service as in Canada shipping using express.