Pokemon R/S Harbour Mail, Mech Mail, etc.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

What are these for? I've already read a couple FAQs and still don't
know. I discovered in game that the Harbour Mail could be traded to a
girl for an item, but aside from that - ??? What are all these XXX
Mail's for? What are they?

TIA,
Jamie Kahn Genet

On Wed, 4 May 2005, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> What are these for? I've already read a couple FAQs and still don't
> know. I discovered in game that the Harbour Mail could be traded to a
> girl for an item, but aside from that - ??? What are all these XXX
> Mail's for? What are they?

They're for exchanging notes when you trade Pokemon. Since, of course,
you can't just enter any old words you want and are stuck with the *VERY*
limited in-game dictionary, it's rather pointless.

Joseph William Dixon <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

> On Wed, 4 May 2005, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
> > What are these for? I've already read a couple FAQs and still don't
> > know. I discovered in game that the Harbour Mail could be traded to a
> > girl for an item, but aside from that - ??? What are all these XXX
> > Mail's for? What are they?
>
> They're for exchanging notes when you trade Pokemon. Since, of course,
> you can't just enter any old words you want and are stuck with the *VERY*
> limited in-game dictionary, it's rather pointless.

Huh - well that's a bit silly. Cheers for the info :)

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet

Joseph William Dixon wrote:

> They're for exchanging notes when you trade Pokemon. Since, of course,
> you can't just enter any old words you want and are stuck with the *VERY*
> limited in-game dictionary, it's rather pointless.

So if I sold or tossed all that mail it wouldn't affect my game at
all right?

- Inkan

"Well done, it is." [ BOOM! ]

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Inkan" <lara6281@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

> So if I sold or tossed all that mail it wouldn't affect my game at all
> right?

The only real use I found was in Emerald. You need a Harbour Mail to get the
Coin Case in Mauville City. That's it. Otherwise, trash 'em.

I miss the good old days of trading pokemon and dirty notes with them ^^
--
fluxxdog
www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog

On Thu, 12 May 2005, fluxxdog wrote:
> "Inkan" <lara6281@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > So if I sold or tossed all that mail it wouldn't affect my game at
> > all right?
>
> The only real use I found was in Emerald. You need a Harbour Mail to get
> the Coin Case in Mauville City. That's it. Otherwise, trash 'em.

Also applies to Ruby/Sapphire, of course, not just Emerald.