Pokemon R/S Harbour Mail, Mech Mail, etc.

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

What are these for? I've already read a couple FAQs and still don't
know. I discovered in game that the Harbour Mail could be traded to a
girl for an item, but aside from that - ??? What are all these XXX
Mail's for? What are they?

TIA,
Jamie Kahn Genet
--
If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
5 answers Last reply
More about pokemon harbour mail mech mail
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

    On Wed, 4 May 2005, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > What are these for? I've already read a couple FAQs and still don't
    > know. I discovered in game that the Harbour Mail could be traded to a
    > girl for an item, but aside from that - ??? What are all these XXX
    > Mail's for? What are they?

    They're for exchanging notes when you trade Pokemon. Since, of course,
    you can't just enter any old words you want and are stuck with the *VERY*
    limited in-game dictionary, it's rather pointless.

    --
    "...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot
    easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
    work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
    http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

    Joseph William Dixon <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:

    > On Wed, 4 May 2005, Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > What are these for? I've already read a couple FAQs and still don't
    > > know. I discovered in game that the Harbour Mail could be traded to a
    > > girl for an item, but aside from that - ??? What are all these XXX
    > > Mail's for? What are they?
    >
    > They're for exchanging notes when you trade Pokemon. Since, of course,
    > you can't just enter any old words you want and are stuck with the *VERY*
    > limited in-game dictionary, it's rather pointless.

    Huh - well that's a bit silly. Cheers for the info :-)

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet
    --
    If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon,uk.games.video.gameboy (More info?)

    Joseph William Dixon wrote:
    >
    > They're for exchanging notes when you trade Pokemon. Since, of course,
    > you can't just enter any old words you want and are stuck with the *VERY*
    > limited in-game dictionary, it's rather pointless.

    So if I sold or tossed all that mail it wouldn't affect my game at
    all right?

    - Inkan

    "Well done, it is." [ BOOM! ]
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    "Inkan" <lara6281@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    news:YrDge.23562$RG2.17188@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
    >
    > So if I sold or tossed all that mail it wouldn't affect my game at all
    > right?

    The only real use I found was in Emerald. You need a Harbour Mail to get the
    Coin Case in Mauville City. That's it. Otherwise, trash 'em.

    I miss the good old days of trading pokemon and dirty notes with them ^^
    --
    fluxxdog
    www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog
    The worse crime you can commit against another human is to make them think.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

    On Thu, 12 May 2005, fluxxdog wrote:
    > "Inkan" <lara6281@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
    > news:YrDge.23562$RG2.17188@bignews5.bellsouth.net...
    > > So if I sold or tossed all that mail it wouldn't affect my game at
    > > all right?
    >
    > The only real use I found was in Emerald. You need a Harbour Mail to get
    > the Coin Case in Mauville City. That's it. Otherwise, trash 'em.

    Also applies to Ruby/Sapphire, of course, not just Emerald.

    --
    "...there are hardly any excesses of the most crazed psychopath that cannot
    easily be duplicated by a normal, kindly family man who just comes into
    work every day and has a job to do." [Terry Pratchett, "Small Gods"]
    http://www.chebucto.ns.ca/~aa343/index.html
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Gameboy Video Nintendo Video Games