Best Plasma

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
October 2, 2004 12:26:12 PM

Is there a document that states the best plasma 50" from a comparison?

More about : plasma

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 2:57:43 PM

On Sat, 2 Oct 2004 08:26:12 -0500, "Rick"
<rbernard0@cableone.net.nospam> wrote:

>Is there a document that states the best plasma 50" from a comparison?

There are many such statements, usually with different conclusions.

Kal

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 9:52:36 PM

Rick wrote:

> Is there a document that states the best plasma 50" from a comparison?

There are plenty of reviews, but the best plasma depends on the
reviewer and the criteria they use. Display quality for DVD, SD, HDTV
broadcasts, black levels, noise & blockiness problems for different
types of signal sources and inputs (HDMI, DVI, component). Up to you to
decide what is important.

Al that said, the general consensus from the HT buffs in the plasma
forum on www.avsforum.com has been that the 50" Fujistu which uses
Panasonic glass and Fujistu's AVM electronics is the best 50" plasma on
the market. However, Pioneer has just introduced it's new line of
Pioneer Elites, the next generation Panasonic 7UY commercial models are
shipping, Panasonic is introducing a new high end Onyx plasma line, and
Sony has new models coming out. On top of that Fujistu has announced a
new line is in the works which will likely use 7th gen Panny glass with
AVM II electronics. So in a few months once all these new models are
out, we may see a change in the consensus which is best or perhaps there
won't be a consensus as people squabble over which is the best plasma
available because they are all pretty good.

Of course, the problem with Fujistu is finding one. They are only
available through the high end AV B&M specialty stores none of which may
be anywhere near you.

Alan Figgatt
October 4, 2004 7:57:51 AM

It's "Fujitsu", not "Fujistu" :)

"Alan Figgatt" <afiggatt@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Rick wrote:
>
> > Is there a document that states the best plasma 50" from a comparison?
>
> There are plenty of reviews, but the best plasma depends on the
> reviewer and the criteria they use. Display quality for DVD, SD, HDTV
> broadcasts, black levels, noise & blockiness problems for different
> types of signal sources and inputs (HDMI, DVI, component). Up to you to
> decide what is important.
>
> Al that said, the general consensus from the HT buffs in the plasma
> forum on www.avsforum.com has been that the 50" Fujistu which uses
> Panasonic glass and Fujistu's AVM electronics is the best 50" plasma on
> the market. However, Pioneer has just introduced it's new line of
> Pioneer Elites, the next generation Panasonic 7UY commercial models are
> shipping, Panasonic is introducing a new high end Onyx plasma line, and
> Sony has new models coming out. On top of that Fujistu has announced a
> new line is in the works which will likely use 7th gen Panny glass with
> AVM II electronics. So in a few months once all these new models are
> out, we may see a change in the consensus which is best or perhaps there
> won't be a consensus as people squabble over which is the best plasma
> available because they are all pretty good.
>
> Of course, the problem with Fujistu is finding one. They are only
> available through the high end AV B&M specialty stores none of which may
> be anywhere near you.
>
> Alan Figgatt

Anonymous
October 4, 2004 2:24:43 PM

Oops, brain fart.

Alan Figgatt

Ron Luyster wrote:

> It's "Fujitsu", not "Fujistu" :)
>

> "Alan Figgatt" <afiggatt@comcast.net> wrote in message
>
>>Rick wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a document that states the best plasma 50" from a comparison?
>>
>> There are plenty of reviews, but the best plasma depends on the
>>reviewer and the criteria they use. Display quality for DVD, SD, HDTV
>>broadcasts, black levels, noise & blockiness problems for different
>>types of signal sources and inputs (HDMI, DVI, component). Up to you to
>>decide what is important.
>>
>> Al that said, the general consensus from the HT buffs in the plasma
>>forum on www.avsforum.com has been that the 50" Fujistu which uses
>>Panasonic glass and Fujistu's AVM electronics is the best 50" plasma on
>>the market. However, Pioneer has just introduced it's new line of
>>Pioneer Elites, the next generation Panasonic 7UY commercial models are
>>shipping, Panasonic is introducing a new high end Onyx plasma line, and
>>Sony has new models coming out. On top of that Fujistu has announced a
>>new line is in the works which will likely use 7th gen Panny glass with
>>AVM II electronics. So in a few months once all these new models are
>>out, we may see a change in the consensus which is best or perhaps there
>>won't be a consensus as people squabble over which is the best plasma
>>available because they are all pretty good.
>>
>> Of course, the problem with Fujistu is finding one. They are only
>>available through the high end AV B&M specialty stores none of which may
>>be anywhere near you.
>>
>> Alan Figgatt
October 4, 2004 4:46:54 PM

"Rick" <rbernard0@cableone.net.nospam> wrote in message news:<10ltb42g6seeifb@corp.supernews.com>...
> Is there a document that states the best plasma 50" from a comparison?

The best is the Fujistu, and you pay a premium price for the best.

JCPZero
October 6, 2004 7:42:10 AM

Best plasma? Isn't that like asking what dog is best?

"JP" <jcpzero@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Rick" <rbernard0@cableone.net.nospam> wrote in message
> > Is there a document that states the best plasma 50" from a comparison?
>
> The best is the Fujistu, and you pay a premium price for the best.
>
> JCPZero
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 8:34:30 AM

I know Zenith has a heat problem. there is a warranty fix. If this is
ignored the main board fries...no warranty but a 1000 dollar repair bill

!