FireRed Unowns

I'm down to needing 3 unowns -- ?, B, and O, I know what islands they are on
but is there a certain time of day they can be caught?
5 answers Last reply
More about firered unowns

    >On Wed, 4 May 2005 10:24:44 -0500, "theMonitor" <theMonitor@nothome.com> wrote:
    >
    >I'm down to needing 3 unowns -- ?, B, and O, I know what islands they are on
    >but is there a certain time of day they can be caught?

    No because the time of day only matters in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.

    James

    Chet Weaver - But the talent contest is tomorrow! wrote:

    >> No because the time of day only matters in Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
    >>
    > Barely. As far as I can tell, it only really affects the Shoal Cave. I
    > kinda wish they left in the day-night mechanic from Gold and Silver.

    It also affects the evolution of Evee to Espeon/Umbreon. Supposedly it
    also affects the evolution of Wurmple to Silkoon/Cascoon according to
    it's nature.

    On Mon, 9 May 2005, Chet Weaver - But the talent contest is tomorrow! wrote:
    > Barely. As far as I can tell, it only really affects the Shoal Cave. I
    > kinda wish they left in the day-night mechanic from Gold and Silver.

    Yes. That was great fun - though a little frustrating since I'm a night
    person by nature. :P Having days of the week was also quite nice...

    On Mon, 9 May 2005, Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    > It also affects the evolution of Evee to Espeon/Umbreon. Supposedly it
    > also affects the evolution of Wurmple to Silkoon/Cascoon according to
    > it's nature.

    Dunno about Eevee's evolutions in R/S/E, but I can say with absolute
    certainty that Wurmple's evolutions have nothing to do with time of day
    (either at the point of evolution or when caught) or gender or nature or
    whether it was evolved naturally or with Rare Candies... Which it evolves
    to seems to be set at birth - despite many tries, resetting never allowed a
    particular Wurmple to change what it was going to become. Probably a
    formula in there somewhere based on its ID number...

    >On Mon, 9 May 2005 21:32:20 -0300, Joseph William Dixon <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
    >
    >On Mon, 9 May 2005, Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    >> It also affects the evolution of Evee to Espeon/Umbreon. Supposedly it
    >> also affects the evolution of Wurmple to Silkoon/Cascoon according to
    >> it's nature.
    >
    > Dunno about Eevee's evolutions in R/S/E, but I can say with absolute
    >certainty that Wurmple's evolutions have nothing to do with time of day
    >(either at the point of evolution or when caught) or gender or nature or
    >whether it was evolved naturally or with Rare Candies... Which it evolves
    >to seems to be set at birth - despite many tries, resetting never allowed a
    >particular Wurmple to change what it was going to become. Probably a
    >formula in there somewhere based on its ID number...

    Time of day does not affect Wurmple's evolution. I had two Wurmples in
    Emerald that evolved into Cascoon and Silcoon in the same battle. they
    were the same gender (male) but had different genders (hardy and
    adamant).

    in R/S Time of day only affects the Shoal Cave and the Eeveelutions
    into Umbreon and Espeom.

    in E, I read somewhere (think it was serebii.net) that time of day
    also affected which pokemon you could catch in the safari zone,
    specifically the Orre/Johto ones in the expanded Safari Zone after
    beating the Elite Four for the first time.

Games Nintendo Video Games