Hi everyone :)
I had major problems with my computer over the past few weeks that it had to
be restored back to its factory settings meaning i lost programs (not files
lucky enough) anyway i lost office 2003 so last night i tried to reinstall it
and i got a pop up box saying that due to an incomplete service pack
installation could not continue please go to microsftupdate.com.au to get the
updates.

I dont even have a service pack on my computer anymore because of it being
put back to factory style.

my question is, if i completely install service pack 1a onto my computer
should this fix my problem, should i be able to then reinstall office 2003
since the service pack will be completed.
Or do i need to also install service pack 1 for office as i was told just xp
service pack should be enough and i can tell you im completely and utterly
confused to the max here. Ive downloaded xp service pack 1a to disc from work.
all i want is for my office to work i need it to do work at home :( if
anyone can tell me what is correct it would be muchly appreciated.

i also know that there is a service pack 2 but i can not download this as i
only have dial up and i have ordered it threw cd but it takes a few weeks and
i wanted my computer up and running since it hasnt been for over a month now.

please please please please please please please someone help me
thank you in advance means a hell of a lot

Kylie

1. Install either SP1 or SP2 for Windows XP.
2. Afterward, install Office 2003.
3. Then install SP1 for Office 2003.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"The Aussie Girl" wrote:

| Hi everyone :)
| I had major problems with my computer over the past few weeks that it had to
| be restored back to its factory settings meaning i lost programs (not files
| lucky enough) anyway i lost office 2003 so last night i tried to reinstall it
| and i got a pop up box saying that due to an incomplete service pack
| installation could not continue please go to microsftupdate.com.au to get the
| updates.
|
| I dont even have a service pack on my computer anymore because of it being
| put back to factory style.
|
| my question is, if i completely install service pack 1a onto my computer
| should this fix my problem, should i be able to then reinstall office 2003
| since the service pack will be completed.
| Or do i need to also install service pack 1 for office as i was told just xp
| service pack should be enough and i can tell you im completely and utterly
| confused to the max here. Ive downloaded xp service pack 1a to disc from work.
| all i want is for my office to work i need it to do work at home :( if
| anyone can tell me what is correct it would be muchly appreciated.
|
| i also know that there is a service pack 2 but i can not download this as i
| only have dial up and i have ordered it threw cd but it takes a few weeks and
| i wanted my computer up and running since it hasnt been for over a month now.
|
| please please please please please please please someone help me
| thank you in advance means a hell of a lot
|
| Kylie

Awwwwwwwwwwww Carey you must be sick of me now since you keep answering all
my problems or your following me around one of them lol ;)

a huge thank you for your time
a huge thank you for your information
a huge thank you for your help
a huge thank you for stating it in clear english for me too lol

i have xp service pack 1a on disc and office xp service pack 1 on disc -
downloaded it all at work!!
i was told to download the office xp service pack 1 before trying to
reinstall my actual office pro 2003 but i will take your word and when i get
home i will do the following.

run and install xp service pack 1a
reinstall office pro 2003 from my disc
run and install office xp service pack 1

does that sound correct
thanks a bunch for your time you wouldnt believe how much i appreciate it.
Im going insane here one whole month of trouble ive had and im coming close
to just throwing my computer away and forgetting it all

thank you thank you thank you