Posting experience order new pc

pcgamer8000

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
:eek: Just ordered a new PC from AVA Direct on 9-16-2011.

I customized their Gaming PC Core™ i5 / i7 P67 Z68 2-way SLI® / CrossFireX™ Custom Gaming System to create a sort of barebones gamer that I could upgrade over the next few years.

The total for the PC was $2032.61, shipped was just over $2100.
-----------------------------------
Components breakdown:

Intel i7-2600K Quad-Core 3.4GHz(w/included CPU Fan)

Standard Therman Compound

Free Mild Overclocking (10-20% Performance Increase)

GIGABYTE, GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 motherboard

16GB RAM, Corsair XMS3 PC3-12800 DDR3 1600MHz

ASUS EAH5770 CUcore video card

512 GB Crucial M4 SSD

65-in-1 Card Reader/Writer Drive, SABRENT CRW-UINB

24x DVD R/RW, Sony AD-7261S

LINKSYS WMP54G wireless adapter

Cooler Master Elite 310 case

950W Power Supply, PC Power & Colling Silencer MK II

MS Win7 64-bit Home Premium
-------------------------------------
A few hours after ordering through a salesman (Anthony), I received a message on their website from Joe that the wireless adapter did not fit into the motherboard. So I removed that from my order. The same message stated that overclocking could not be performed without purchase of a separate cooling system. So again, I dropped that order.

Since it was late on a Friday, the build time will probably start from the next Monday.
--------------------------------------
Build time is approximately 14 days. With delivery time, I should receive the unit the first or second week of October 2011.

Will report back with the results then.

pcgamer8000

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2011
PC arrived Friday (1 day late, since I was working Thurs.). Opened the box, plugged it in, connected my monitor, turned it on----and worked!! Excellent communication all the way from AVA, and although I had to add my own speakers and router (which I had from before), it was well worth it.

I've been up and running the past 24 hrs or so, and my mmo (the only game I play) looks so much better. It's not as quiet as I thought it would be, but that's mainly the fan not the HD.

Would buy from AVA again. In fact, wish I had them add more goodies for me on this one.

Well worth the $ (which was just over $1900, after we adjusted things).

Got to say, it's nice having 16mb of ram. Things work very well. I'm pleased :D