Difference between leveled Pokemon and high level wild Pok..

Is there? If I catch a high level evolved wild Pokemon will it have the
same abilities as one I've leveled? Do these wild pre-leveled (for lack
of a better term) Pokemon follow the default levels for evolution? So if
I catch an evolved form, will it always be missing any moves I'd have
had to halt evolution of the base form to obtain?

Does that make any sense? :-)

Regards,
Jamie Kahn Genet
More about difference leveled pokemon high level wild

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    > I'm an obsessive, pedantic perfectionist PITA. Does that answer your
    > question ;-)

    Same here. :)

    > I wonder if that's even possible? All wild Pokemon I've encountered were
    > way below my best leveled Pokemon.

    No, it was just an example.

    > I'm reading it now - thank you.

    Understanding effort points and DVs are crucial to really knowing how to
    raise a pokemon, but of course none of it's necessary just to play
    through the game. It's nice to know, though.

    I am new to the game but I have learned a few things from experience.
    I'll share them and stand by for any corrections from the more
    experienced players....

    On Thu, 5 May 2005 14:20:17 +1200, jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz (Jamie
    Kahn Genet) wrote:

    >Is there? (Difference between leveled Pokemon and high level wild Pokemon?)

    Pokemon I have raised to levels 10-12 can typically beat the level
    13-15 wild Pokemon. Some of this can be attributed to skill as the
    game seems to randomly pick from the four possible moves the wild
    Pokemon has where I can choose the move most appropriate. Then again,
    sometimes it is just luck as one of us may get a critical hit that
    brings a sudden end to the battle. Additionally, I have the added
    advantage of using potions and berries, etc. to alter my stats as I
    fight, which the wild can rarely do.

    > If I catch a high level evolved wild Pokemon will it have the
    >same abilities as one I've leveled?

    Not likely. Every wild Weedle I have fought has poison sting,
    however, I have never seen a wild Kakoona use poison sting nor have I
    caught one with it. I don't recall any trainer's kakoonas using it
    either.

    >Do these wild pre-leveled (for lack
    >of a better term) Pokemon follow the default levels for evolution?

    I don't think so. I have seen beedrill fight a same level Kakoona and
    I am thinking I fought a level 14 Weedle.

    > So if
    >I catch an evolved form, will it always be missing any moves I'd have
    >had to halt evolution of the base form to obtain?

    Most rules tend to have exception, but I would guess that the wild
    ones will be missing the moves.

    >Does that make any sense? :-)

    lots

    >Regards,
    > Jamie Kahn Genet

    Good questions.

    Buck
    Buck
    --
    For what it's worth.

    "Jamie Kahn Genet" <jamiekg@wizardling.geek.nz> wrote in message
    > Is there? If I catch a high level evolved wild Pokemon will it have the
    > same abilities as one I've leveled? Do these wild pre-leveled (for lack
    > of a better term) Pokemon follow the default levels for evolution? So if
    > I catch an evolved form, will it always be missing any moves I'd have
    > had to halt evolution of the base form to obtain?

    It's all about EVs...I think, for example - if you want to bump up speed -
    go fight the Manectric, Linoone, etc right next to the berry master in
    Emerald, Ru or Sa - if you have the right personality you can gain +12 (at
    least that is the best I have gotten there ) when you level. If you fight
    only those critters in that area that raise speed EVs you will see a
    dramatic jump when the poke levels as much as +12 for speed but if not maxed
    out on EV you will see at least +6. The trick is to fight only the pokes for
    the stat you want to raise. You might want to use the appropriate nutrient
    ( carbos for speed ) first to get the poke's base level as high as possible
    on the stat and make sure you have macho brace on the poke - otherwise you
    will not get as much of an increase when you level.

    A high level wild poke has no EV points. Also, if you level with rare
    candies you will get no EVs - if you are careful to fight only those to
    raise the stat you want you will be suprised at how much higher your stats
    will be.

Games Nintendo Video Games