whats that, pokemon

Last response: in Video Games
May 5, 2005 2:13:00 AM

Hello!

i am long time gameboy user and recently my pal told me, that pokemon is
also a really good rpg like game.
Well, due the hype about pokemon, i am still a little afraid.
Is it really a rpg? Call me lame, but in that point i distrustet nintendo
a little.
I would really appreciate, if i could get some help and advice.

byebye
Joerg

-----

DOh!

More about : whats pokemon

Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:52:19 PM

Joerg Jaeger wrote:
> Hello!
>

> i am long time gameboy user and recently my pal told me, that pokemon is
> also a really good rpg like game.
> Well, due the hype about pokemon, i am still a little afraid.
> Is it really a rpg? Call me lame, but in that point i distrustet nintendo
> a little.
> I would really appreciate, if i could get some help and advice.
>
> byebye
> Joerg
>
> -----
>
> DOh!

Yes, excellent. Get Pokemon Emerald, which just came out, and give it a try.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 10:40:00 PM

Hello <Chet>!

** Replying to a message in "</alt/games/nintendo/pokemon>" **

** 06.05.05 - 13:35, <ZeroOhki> wrote to :

> Joerg Jaeger wrote:

>> Hello!
>>

>> i am long time gameboy user and recently my pal told me, that pokemon is
>> also a really good rpg like game.
>> Well, due the hype about pokemon, i am still a little afraid.
>> Is it really a rpg? Call me lame, but in that point i distrustet nintendo
>> a little.
>> I would really appreciate, if i could get some help and advice.
>>
> If you consider a game in which every battle is determined by turn-based
> menu system an RPG, then, yes, this is an RPG. As for whether or not it
> is good, well, it's no Final Fantasy. The selling point isn't really
> the story but the ability to pick among 386 monsters (well, not per
> cartridge...) and fine-tune them into the ultimate battle team so you
> can cream your friends in multiplayer.

Mm...doesn't sound like, that i would like it.

> And what's wrong with Nintendo's RPGs?

Which ones? I only use a gameboy so far, but i know some rpgs on that
platform. Perhabs i missed some titels.

byebye
Joerg

-----

DOh!
May 9, 2005 12:20:00 AM

** 07.05.05 - 23:52, <ZeroOhki> wrote to :

> Joerg Jaeger wrote:

>> Hello <Chet>!

>>> If you consider a game in which every battle is determined by turn-based
>>> menu system an RPG, then, yes, this is an RPG. As for whether or not it
>>> is good, well, it's no Final Fantasy. The selling point isn't really
>>> the story but the ability to pick among 386 monsters (well, not per
>>> cartridge...) and fine-tune them into the ultimate battle team so you
>>> can cream your friends in multiplayer.
>>

>> Mm...doesn't sound like, that i would like it.
>>
> Eh, not everyone has the patience to play an RPG like Pokemon. My
> step-brother got a copy of Pokemon Blue (or was it Red?) back in the
> day, but he never really got into it. But, different strokes, you know?
> I lack the twitch reflex necessary for fighting games, but my
> step-bro's always picking up WWE games.

Well, Battlegames are not really my thing. Except Battlefield. Well, i
know, wrong Platform.
I really like it Zelda and recently, i played Final Fantasy on the
gameboy. I have to admit, that i certainly missed something, because i was
over years to busy playing mainly pc games.

>>> And what's wrong with Nintendo's RPGs?
>>
>> Which ones? I only use a gameboy so far, but i know some rpgs on that
>> platform. Perhabs i missed some titels.
>>
> You said you didn't trust them, so I want to know why. Did you mean
> only the ones on GameBoy? 'Cause there are some pretty good ones on the
> GameCube.

Well, that comment was only for the gameboy. I know, that there are some
fine one on the gamecube like BaldursGate. But at moment i lag on money.
So no gamecube so far.

byebye
Joerg

-----

DOh!
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 1:14:23 AM

On Sat, 07 May 2005 23:52:34 -0700, "Chet Weaver - But the talent
contest is tomorrow!" <ZeroOhki@netscape.net> wrote:

>Joerg Jaeger wrote:
>
>> Hello <Chet>!
>
>>>If you consider a game in which every battle is determined by turn-based
>>>menu system an RPG, then, yes, this is an RPG. As for whether or not it
>>>is good, well, it's no Final Fantasy. The selling point isn't really
>>>the story but the ability to pick among 386 monsters (well, not per
>>>cartridge...) and fine-tune them into the ultimate battle team so you
>>>can cream your friends in multiplayer.
>>

>> Mm...doesn't sound like, that i would like it.
>>
>Eh, not everyone has the patience to play an RPG like Pokemon. My
>step-brother got a copy of Pokemon Blue (or was it Red?) back in the
>day, but he never really got into it. But, different strokes, you know?
> I lack the twitch reflex necessary for fighting games, but my
>step-bro's always picking up WWE games.

Well, i am not sure if i like it then. Because Battlegames i usally
don't play.

>>>And what's wrong with Nintendo's RPGs?
>>
>> Which ones? I only use a gameboy so far, but i know some rpgs on that
>> platform. Perhabs i missed some titels.
>>
>You said you didn't trust them, so I want to know why. Did you mean
>only the ones on GameBoy? 'Cause there are some pretty good ones on the
>GameCube.

That was only for the gameboy. To the gamecube i couldn't say
anything, because i don't have any. But i know, there are some good
titels. Baldurs Gate (which i like to play)

Bye
Joerg

----
Trust me, I know what i am doing! <Hammer>
!