whats that, pokemon

Hello!

i am long time gameboy user and recently my pal told me, that pokemon is
also a really good rpg like game.
Well, due the hype about pokemon, i am still a little afraid.
Is it really a rpg? Call me lame, but in that point i distrustet nintendo
a little.
I would really appreciate, if i could get some help and advice.

byebye
Joerg

-----

DOh!
4 answers Last reply
More about whats that pokemon

    Joerg Jaeger wrote:
    > Hello!
    >

    > i am long time gameboy user and recently my pal told me, that pokemon is
    > also a really good rpg like game.
    > Well, due the hype about pokemon, i am still a little afraid.
    > Is it really a rpg? Call me lame, but in that point i distrustet nintendo
    > a little.
    > I would really appreciate, if i could get some help and advice.
    >
    > byebye
    > Joerg
    >
    > -----
    >
    > DOh!

    Yes, excellent. Get Pokemon Emerald, which just came out, and give it a try.

    Hello <Chet>!

    ** Replying to a message in "</alt/games/nintendo/pokemon>" **

    ** 06.05.05 - 13:35, <ZeroOhki> wrote to :

    > Joerg Jaeger wrote:

    >> Hello!
    >>

    >> i am long time gameboy user and recently my pal told me, that pokemon is
    >> also a really good rpg like game.
    >> Well, due the hype about pokemon, i am still a little afraid.
    >> Is it really a rpg? Call me lame, but in that point i distrustet nintendo
    >> a little.
    >> I would really appreciate, if i could get some help and advice.
    >>
    > If you consider a game in which every battle is determined by turn-based
    > menu system an RPG, then, yes, this is an RPG. As for whether or not it
    > is good, well, it's no Final Fantasy. The selling point isn't really
    > the story but the ability to pick among 386 monsters (well, not per
    > cartridge...) and fine-tune them into the ultimate battle team so you
    > can cream your friends in multiplayer.

    Mm...doesn't sound like, that i would like it.

    > And what's wrong with Nintendo's RPGs?

    Which ones? I only use a gameboy so far, but i know some rpgs on that
    platform. Perhabs i missed some titels.

    byebye
    Joerg

    -----

    DOh!

    ** 07.05.05 - 23:52, <ZeroOhki> wrote to :

    > Joerg Jaeger wrote:

    >> Hello <Chet>!

    >>> If you consider a game in which every battle is determined by turn-based
    >>> menu system an RPG, then, yes, this is an RPG. As for whether or not it
    >>> is good, well, it's no Final Fantasy. The selling point isn't really
    >>> the story but the ability to pick among 386 monsters (well, not per
    >>> cartridge...) and fine-tune them into the ultimate battle team so you
    >>> can cream your friends in multiplayer.
    >>

    >> Mm...doesn't sound like, that i would like it.
    >>
    > Eh, not everyone has the patience to play an RPG like Pokemon. My
    > step-brother got a copy of Pokemon Blue (or was it Red?) back in the
    > day, but he never really got into it. But, different strokes, you know?
    > I lack the twitch reflex necessary for fighting games, but my
    > step-bro's always picking up WWE games.

    Well, Battlegames are not really my thing. Except Battlefield. Well, i
    know, wrong Platform.
    I really like it Zelda and recently, i played Final Fantasy on the
    gameboy. I have to admit, that i certainly missed something, because i was
    over years to busy playing mainly pc games.

    >>> And what's wrong with Nintendo's RPGs?
    >>
    >> Which ones? I only use a gameboy so far, but i know some rpgs on that
    >> platform. Perhabs i missed some titels.
    >>
    > You said you didn't trust them, so I want to know why. Did you mean
    > only the ones on GameBoy? 'Cause there are some pretty good ones on the
    > GameCube.

    Well, that comment was only for the gameboy. I know, that there are some
    fine one on the gamecube like BaldursGate. But at moment i lag on money.
    So no gamecube so far.

    byebye
    Joerg

    -----

    DOh!

    On Sat, 07 May 2005 23:52:34 -0700, "Chet Weaver - But the talent
    contest is tomorrow!" <ZeroOhki@netscape.net> wrote:

    >Joerg Jaeger wrote:
    >
    >> Hello <Chet>!
    >
    >>>If you consider a game in which every battle is determined by turn-based
    >>>menu system an RPG, then, yes, this is an RPG. As for whether or not it
    >>>is good, well, it's no Final Fantasy. The selling point isn't really
    >>>the story but the ability to pick among 386 monsters (well, not per
    >>>cartridge...) and fine-tune them into the ultimate battle team so you
    >>>can cream your friends in multiplayer.
    >>

    >> Mm...doesn't sound like, that i would like it.
    >>
    >Eh, not everyone has the patience to play an RPG like Pokemon. My
    >step-brother got a copy of Pokemon Blue (or was it Red?) back in the
    >day, but he never really got into it. But, different strokes, you know?
    > I lack the twitch reflex necessary for fighting games, but my
    >step-bro's always picking up WWE games.

    Well, i am not sure if i like it then. Because Battlegames i usally
    don't play.

    >>>And what's wrong with Nintendo's RPGs?
    >>
    >> Which ones? I only use a gameboy so far, but i know some rpgs on that
    >> platform. Perhabs i missed some titels.
    >>
    >You said you didn't trust them, so I want to know why. Did you mean
    >only the ones on GameBoy? 'Cause there are some pretty good ones on the
    >GameCube.

    That was only for the gameboy. To the gamecube i couldn't say
    anything, because i don't have any. But i know, there are some good
    titels. Baldurs Gate (which i like to play)

    Bye
    Joerg

    ----
    Trust me, I know what i am doing! <Hammer>

Games RPG Video Games