why does this pop up?

April 1, 2005 4:11:09 AM

I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch a
video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:

"INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
program is open, click YES.

I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
get rid of this popping up everytime?

Thanks

More about : pop

Anonymous
April 1, 2005 4:20:10 AM

Because you have no virus protection. Your computer is infected.

Bobby

"shauny" <shauny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch
> video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
>
> "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
> Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program
> Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
> program is open, click YES.
>
> I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
> get rid of this popping up everytime?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 1, 2005 4:39:06 PM

This used to happen to me. I suspect your XP version is SP1. Upgrade to SP2
and this problem can be eliminated for good.

"shauny" wrote:

> I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch a
> video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
>
> "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
> Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
> program is open, click YES.
>
> I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
> get rid of this popping up everytime?
>
> Thanks
April 1, 2005 5:15:12 PM

Scanned for ad/malware and viruses lately??

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"shauny" <shauny@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch
> video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
>
> "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
> Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program
Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
> program is open, click YES.
>
> I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
> get rid of this popping up everytime?
>
> Thanks
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 8:11:04 AM

i used to get that untill i got spyboy, ad-aware, spyware blaster, they are
all free, get at majorgeeks .com, i run them everyday

!