why does this pop up?

I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch a
video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:

"INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
program is open, click YES.

I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
get rid of this popping up everytime?

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    Because you have no virus protection. Your computer is infected.

    Bobby

    "shauny" <shauny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch
    > video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
    >
    > "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
    > Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program
    > Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
    > program is open, click YES.
    >
    > I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
    > get rid of this popping up everytime?
    >
    > Thanks

    This used to happen to me. I suspect your XP version is SP1. Upgrade to SP2
    and this problem can be eliminated for good.

    "shauny" wrote:

    > I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch a
    > video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
    >
    > "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
    > Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
    > program is open, click YES.
    >
    > I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
    > get rid of this popping up everytime?
    >
    > Thanks

    Scanned for ad/malware and viruses lately??

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "shauny" <shauny@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch
    > video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
    >
    > "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
    > Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program
    Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
    > program is open, click YES.
    >
    > I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
    > get rid of this popping up everytime?
    >
    > Thanks

    i used to get that untill i got spyboy, ad-aware, spyware blaster, they are
    all free, get at majorgeeks .com, i run them everyday

    "shauny" wrote:

    > I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch a
    > video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
    >
    > "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
    > Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program Files\Internet
    > Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
    > program is open, click YES.
    >
    > I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
    > get rid of this popping up everytime?
    >
    > Thanks

Internet Windows XP