why does this pop up?

I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch a
video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:

"INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
program is open, click YES.

I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
get rid of this popping up everytime?

Thanks

Because you have no virus protection. Your computer is infected.

Bobby

"shauny" <shauny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch
> video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
>
> "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
> Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program
> Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
> program is open, click YES.
>
> I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
> get rid of this popping up everytime?
>
> Thanks

This used to happen to me. I suspect your XP version is SP1. Upgrade to SP2
and this problem can be eliminated for good.

"shauny" wrote:

> I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch a
> video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
>
> "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
> Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
> program is open, click YES.
>
> I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
> get rid of this popping up everytime?
>
> Thanks

Scanned for ad/malware and viruses lately??

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"shauny" <shauny@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> I have windows XP (home) and almost everytime I go online and try to watch
> video from any website, this box pops up from windows titled:
>
> "INTERNET SHARING CONFIGURATION" C:\Program Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE is attempting to change or view this computer's
> Internet Connection Protection settings. To give C:\Program
Files\Internet
> Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE permission to edit these settings for as long as the
> program is open, click YES.
>
> I just close the box out and it works fine, but it's annoying....anyway to
> get rid of this popping up everytime?
>
> Thanks

i used to get that untill i got spyboy, ad-aware, spyware blaster, they are
all free, get at majorgeeks .com, i run them everyday