Problems with BitTorrent apps locking up port 80, VNC, email

djmojo21

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Hello Everyone,

I've been having problem with multiple BitTorrent programs locking up port 80, as well as VNC ports (I'm using 5901) and the POP3 port. I've tried Azureus and uTorrent up to this point.

Whenever I run either BitTorrent app (I've tried multiple ports inside and outside of their recommended ranges) I cannot browse to web pages, download email, or receive incoming VNC connections.
I can, however, continue to use IM programs, streaming audio, and FTP programs (port 21) while the given BitTorrent client is running. I have opened up the port I am using for the BitTorrent client on my router and am able to download and upload BitTorrents while the app is open with no problem. ***Note: I have a friend using the same ISP that is not having these problems (in fact, I've tried using the same BitTorrent port that he is running).***

I am curious if anyone else has experienced this issue and if there is a solution. I have read FAQs and exhausted my Google search attempting to troubleshoot this problem.

I appreciate your assistance. I just want to share files freely! =)

dj mojo

djmojo21

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
I should add that if I close the BitTorrent program and either restart my PC or run a repair on my network connection I can then have full web browsing, VNC, and POP3 functionality.

Thanks,

dj mojo