Getting a sound card:Is Fatal1ty X-Fi worth it?

elcold

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2007
I am getting an X-fi card for my computer, and I was wondering if the 64 mb of X-ram worth the extra cost in terms of performance compared to the the other X-Fi sound cards?

halcyon

Splendid
Not IMO. I have one as well as an Xtreme Music. The 64MB of X-RAM may give you 1-2 extra FPS in gaming (for games that support X-RAM), but I don't think that justifies the increased cost. I'd recommend an Xtreme Gamer or Xtreme Music if you're looking for a Creative card.

i really don't think so. I haven't tried any sound card that is that high end, but i do have a creative audigy 2 zsp, and let me tell you, it's awsome. i work as a tech guy for a sound company that i shouldn't name on forums, and i know alot about what makes good sound. Using both professional and commercial equipment, i can say that i'm very happy with my card, although it could be better. i really don't think that the money for such a card like that is worth it unless you're able to use ALL of its features. i doubt you are, so just go ahead and save yourself some cash.