Tags:
  • Dual Monitors
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
March 24, 2007 8:13:32 PM

Its time to add a second monitor. My current video card is original (one monitor only). I have on 17" Tyris monitor and will add a 19" primarily for desk top work (no gaming, but I do watch TV on the Tyris, which works fine). I'm running XP, 800Mg of memory and not considering upgrading to Vista anytime soon. I'm concerned about compatibility - any suggestions on a new video card and monitor.

I was considering CHAINTECH GSV71GS-T2 GeForce 7100GS Video Card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168... (about $40 w/rebate) and
Hanns·G JC-199DPB Black 19" 8ms DVI LCD Monitor 250 cd/m2 700:1 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682... (about $130 w/rebate)

Thanks!

More about : dual monitor suggestions needed

March 24, 2007 8:50:56 PM

The display looks ok but i would find a different video card.. the one you linked to looked like shit .. look for a ASUS , or EVGA Nvida card they should provide you with a better product. also a more powerful card would not hurt . i would look at the 7600 ..

I run 2 displays on my card and it works great, i am using a 7900 but it also worked win the 6600 i had with out any problems. also i would advise getting a card that has 2 DVI ports because LCD's look and work better with digital interface and it is easy to convert from digital to analog but almost impossible to go the other way.
March 25, 2007 6:08:49 PM

How about SAPPHIRE 100575L Radeon 9600XT 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - NewEgg.com. I don't see any Nvida cards at NewEgg unless they're listed under another name....or I'm missing it.
Thanks
Related resources
March 25, 2007 6:52:48 PM

Not sure I'm answering the mother board question properly....but I have one AGP that currently has the video card I will replace and I have four PCI slots, one of which I can use. I was going to use the AGP.

The SAPPHIRE 100575L Radeon 9600XT is about $60 at NewEgg....a little more than I really wanted to spend....

Thanks for your comments/questions!
March 25, 2007 7:41:19 PM

Quote:
If you won't be gaming at all, there is no need to get a good video card, so these should suffice.

definitely, im running a geforce 7300le ($50 card) with dual monitors and it runs great. it even runs the games i play(aoe 3, cs source). beats the hell outa my old 5600xt, too.
October 14, 2008 12:25:25 AM

That would work well for you to get Dual Monitors. Some other options you can use other than a Video Card, is a Multiple Monitor Adapter. There are a few types of adapters. You can get a USB to VGA Adapter, USB to DVI Adapter, Matrox Dualhead2go (Analog) & Matrox Dualhead2go (Digital). Of course, you can also buy a pre-manufactured Multiple Monitor Computer and Multi-Monitor Display like I did. Multi-Monitors.com is a great place to look around. They should have a solution to any Multiple Monitors situation. Hope that gives you all the solutions!