narhic_fd

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2005
okay im cleaning out my computer and trying to deleet lots of junk. the only thing i cant clear out is the stupid giant, long list of serch results i have typed in the yahoo search bar. How do i get rid of it. I ran ace utilities and stuff like that to clean out history, and other junk, but i cant get rid of all the diff things ive typed in the yahoo search bar. I've went under internet options on the menu up to top. CLeared my cookies, history, tempory internet folder but it wont go away. Sorry i posted this in this forum but didnt know were else to do it. You guys rock.

pat

Expert
Sorry i posted this in this forum but didnt know were else to do it. You guys rock.

I'm always stupefied at people that don't know where to post something when there is a list of about 100 subject.. There is even one called software .. looks more appropriate to look there first than in the hardware.. and especially in the CPU forum..

No, you're just lazy and choose the first one on top... :?

narhic_fd

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2005
no wasnt lazy, just really didnt know what it would go under. Wasnt even thinking software. when i think software i think of like antivirus, microsoft word, nero and stuff like that. Just really didnt see it being a software thing. IM not trying to install anything, im trying to get rid of something on a search bar, i dont mean to seam lazy, cause im not.

pat

Expert
no wasnt lazy, just really didnt know what it would go under. Wasnt even thinking software. when i think software i think of like antivirus, microsoft word, nero and stuff like that. Just really didnt see it being a software thing. IM not trying to install anything, im trying to get rid of something on a search bar, i dont mean to seam lazy, cause im not.

So, why don't you just move to the software section, one for your OS and try to put is where it stand best?? That ain't a CPU problem...

hashv2f16

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
ANYWHO.... Download a program like lavasoft ad-aware and run a scan and when its done scanning and it gives you the box that you can check to delete MRU lists. if you delete that then all your search history will disappear

sh1ft3d

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2004
ANYWHO.... Download a program like lavasoft ad-aware and run a scan and when its done scanning and it gives you the box that you can check to delete MRU lists. if you delete that then all your search history will disappear

Everyone should have lavasoft ad-aware installed and run periodically. It's a no-brainer since their freeware version is very effective, and seems to do a great job at cleaning stuff out.

...or you could just not use Yahoo Search bar... I hate stuff that integrates with IE or Firefox web browsers. Makes me nervous anyway.

narhic_fd

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2005
did the adaware thing and no luck. I deleted the mur list thingy and still there. I wonder if i deleted internet explorer(if thats even possible) then reinstalled it , if that would work. maybe installing foxfire would delete all that junk. HELP , i repeat , does anyone know a good migician, lol.

georgebeee

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2003
when I want to clear the history of my search engine I just open my browser, click tools, click options, click privacy, and on firefox(the browser I use) I clear the saved forms history.

TRENDING THREADS