what happens with FR/LG pokemon in R/S/E?

Last response: in Video Games
May 8, 2005 11:01:46 PM

If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?

More about : pokemon

May 9, 2005 9:37:07 PM

>On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:01:46 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
>If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
>not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?

They can be traded over using a technique explained on gamefaqs.com
even though it shouldn't be possible. However their number may be
given as ??? until you get the National Dex.

James
Anonymous
May 10, 2005 2:04:42 AM

James wrote:
>>On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:01:46 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
>>not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?
>

> They can be traded over using a technique explained on gamefaqs.com
> even though it shouldn't be possible. However their number may be
> given as ??? until you get the National Dex.
>
> James

Well, I'm thinking they can be traded FR/LG --> R/S (completed) --> E
but I haven't tried it. I didn't know what it would look like if I did.
May 11, 2005 12:52:37 AM

>On Mon, 09 May 2005 22:04:42 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
>James wrote:
>>>On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:01:46 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
>>>not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?
>>

>> They can be traded over using a technique explained on gamefaqs.com
>> even though it shouldn't be possible. However their number may be
>> given as ??? until you get the National Dex.
>>
>> James
>>

>Well, I'm thinking they can be traded FR/LG --> R/S (completed) --> E
>but I haven't tried it. I didn't know what it would look like if I did.

I've not got far enough in Emerald yet to trade directly to/from
FR/LG, but trading over anything other than the bonus Jirachi or
already traded Deoxys from FR/LG. anything else from R/S (even with
the National Dex unlocked) that's non-Hoenn doesn't seem to work (e.g.
eggs and pokemon carrying certain items only obtainable after beating
the Elite Four for the first time).

James
!