what happens with FR/LG pokemon in R/S/E?

If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?
3 answers Last reply
More about what pokemon

    >On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:01:46 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
    >not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?

    They can be traded over using a technique explained on gamefaqs.com
    even though it shouldn't be possible. However their number may be
    given as ??? until you get the National Dex.

    James

    James wrote:
    >>On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:01:46 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
    >>not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?
    >

    > They can be traded over using a technique explained on gamefaqs.com
    > even though it shouldn't be possible. However their number may be
    > given as ??? until you get the National Dex.
    >
    > James

    Well, I'm thinking they can be traded FR/LG --> R/S (completed) --> E
    but I haven't tried it. I didn't know what it would look like if I did.

    >On Mon, 09 May 2005 22:04:42 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >James wrote:
    >>>On Sun, 08 May 2005 19:01:46 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>If you don't have the national dex yet, is this a problem? Do they just
    >>>not show up until you get the national dex, or can you not get them at all?
    >>

    >> They can be traded over using a technique explained on gamefaqs.com
    >> even though it shouldn't be possible. However their number may be
    >> given as ??? until you get the National Dex.
    >>
    >> James
    >>

    >Well, I'm thinking they can be traded FR/LG --> R/S (completed) --> E
    >but I haven't tried it. I didn't know what it would look like if I did.

    I've not got far enough in Emerald yet to trade directly to/from
    FR/LG, but trading over anything other than the bonus Jirachi or
    already traded Deoxys from FR/LG. anything else from R/S (even with
    the National Dex unlocked) that's non-Hoenn doesn't seem to work (e.g.
    eggs and pokemon carrying certain items only obtainable after beating
    the Elite Four for the first time).

    James

LG Games Nintendo Video Games