Hey, wanted to say great site and an awesome community. Anyways I am a graphic designer; I am looking to build a pretty powerful machine. The thing is I don’t have any previous experience on building desktops. I have some questions to ask to clear my mind up before I buy anything and any expert help is appreciated.
1) I have read that Newegg is the best place to buy online. If true is it because of the prices or customer service.
2) I am not sure what processors are best so I am taking a limb on the new Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor.
3) The graphics card I am have herd about being the best is gforce. As I have no experience on this I cannot tell which one but I would say from medium to a good one.
4) I was thinking of having 2 GB ram and anything from 180 GB-250 GB hard drive.
5) My budge is about 500 pounds or 1000 US dollars, I would like to stick to it but couple pounds off wouldn’t hurt.
6) I was thinking of a 19 inch flat screen.
7) Should I buy my case with the power supply? And what power supply would suite my build. I will also want to run broadband on this pc and have a resonable amount of usb ports.
8) For the mother board I want something that can handle 2 GB ram , an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor, and a pretty strong graphics card and still not fry and also to be compatible with my power supply.
9) The sound card I have no clue but I would want to be able to have a surround sound plugged up.
10) I will need a drive that could burn DVDs and CDs at a fast/reasonable speeds.
11) I’ve read that vista isn’t all it is hyped up to be, should I stick to windows xp with all of the programs in the bundle.
12) How hard is it to set up your pc from the BIOs and how hard is it to build?
13) I will also bee needing to connect broadband to this pc and have a l
I told you I need serious help with this but if anyone is willing to help I will sure appreciate it. I am probably missing parts and I need someone to help me with this and also to bring all the parts together and include some of the missing parts which I probably have left out. If anyone can help me via msn messenger, that is even better.
At the level of technical skill I feel you come across as having, I would question if building it up yourself is the best route.
Have a look at MESH Computers, they have a good reputation and have been around for 20 years. You will not really get a cost saving from building it yourself over these guys. http://www.meshcomputers.com/
Thanx for the help people, i will try tu build but i will folow guides and so on and speaking of them are there any good ones. I gues i could do 500 just on the computer no screen. I will stick with intel procesor and does every mother board work with inel core procesor.