quick n00b question

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
yeah.. I would expect someone owning that board not to have to ask that question.. but w/e. Yeah it'll be good.. But I do belive that if you use SLI, it will cut the bandwidth of each PCI-e to 8x. But if you leave it at one card it will run is 16x

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
yeah I figured that... umm, I was thinking not my first choice cause I wasn't really thinking that budget but its fine.. If u plan to SLI I would go with a board with 2 full 16x in SLI mode, instead of the 8x... The other 650i Asus board has that and its nice, but quite a bit more...

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007
well, im open to motherbaord suggestions, (im on a bit of a budget though!)

:D

Read reviews on Newegg. Ive heard that the 650i series isnt quite problem free :?

Then again, neither is the 680i

hah, as I was reading this.. I was like, "Umm what about 680i, its not perfect either..." lol

But you could always go with a intel 9** series, or if u wanted even an AMD/ATI chipset.. Its nothing beyond, but it is still good. xpress3200 or 580X (same thing)

fender22

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2007

The first one is ok, but SLI will halve your bus frequency

The second one seems good, but Im not all that familiar with Intel Chipsets..

The Third one is nice, dispite the fact that its a NF590 Chipset.. I have a 590 for my Athlon x2 and it works great, Im not sure about how good it is with intel, but I wouldn't expect much difference, and as long as you don't need the latest greatest chipset, the 590 will run excellent, and that board is pretty feature rich too, more than the others it seems.

The 4th is just a nice version of the second one, so it is more feature rich..

Th last one is idk, the C55 chipset doesn;t ring a bell, but u have lots of other good choices,

What might be good, Look em up on newegg just to read reviews even if u aren't gonna buy from them.. Someone like asus...