Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

RPG maker 2003 project : Pokemon Adventure Chronicles

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 3:09:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Hi everyone !

I'm trying to program a special Pokemon game under RPG Maker 2003.
I'll still need some ressources, so I post this news if somebody can help me
to find them or create them.

Actually, I need FX sounds from the original GBA Pokemon games
(Ruby/Saphirre/Emerald and FireRed/GreenLeaf)

If you want to learn more about the project, I'll answer you here.

Ze Killer
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 5:59:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

"Ze Killer News" <zekiller12000@free.fr> wrote in message
news:4283c61b$0$300$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
> Hi everyone !
>
> I'm trying to program a special Pokemon game under RPG Maker 2003.
> I'll still need some ressources, so I post this news if somebody can help
> me to find them or create them.
>
> Actually, I need FX sounds from the original GBA Pokemon games
> (Ruby/Saphirre/Emerald and FireRed/GreenLeaf)
>
> If you want to learn more about the project, I'll answer you here.

I'd like to hear a little detail about the project..
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 8:46:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

No problem ^^ Just for some names, I'll use the franch name beacuse I don't
know the english one. ;) 


You first will have the choice of the language (english/french) and then of
the starting land :
->If you chose to start in Kanto, you'll be able to play with Ash or Yolie
(heroes from Red-Fire) and to chose one of those starting Pokemons :
Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle or Pichu

->If you chose to start in Johto, you'll be able to play with Kenta or
Marina (heroes from Crystal) and will be able to chose one of those starting
Pokemons : Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile or Mareep

->If you chose to start in Hoenn you'll be able to play with Brice or Flora
(heroes from Ruby) and will be able to chose one of those starting Pokemons
: Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip or Elektrike.

In all case, you'll have to travel all those lands, and some others : Seevii
Islands from Red-Fire, Orange Island from the TV series, and the new Pyros
Islands.

There will be a new way to make evolve Feebas, and to evolvePokemons such as
Kadabra or Onix. There will also be a way to evolve Manectric into one of
the 386 Pokemons from the GBA games.

In Pyros islands, will be the ultimate league challenge, the masters'
turnament (sorry for the bad spelling), wich level 100 ennemies.

Also featuring : some characters from the TV series (for exemple : Cathie,
the Elektabuzz Baseball Team fan who started with a Chikorita) and some
others (Bomberman, Ben the trainer deguised into Rockman...)

I guess I listed everything for now... Oh yes, before the project is over,
there will be 2 Flash trailers, and a playable demo, just to keep everyone
patient... lol ;) 

"Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
9p2he.27684$ia6.13914@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>
> "Ze Killer News" <zekiller12000@free.fr> wrote in message
> news:4283c61b$0$300$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
>> Hi everyone !
>>
>> I'm trying to program a special Pokemon game under RPG Maker 2003.
>> I'll still need some ressources, so I post this news if somebody can help
>> me to find them or create them.
>>
>> Actually, I need FX sounds from the original GBA Pokemon games
>> (Ruby/Saphirre/Emerald and FireRed/GreenLeaf)
>>
>> If you want to learn more about the project, I'll answer you here.
>
> I'd like to hear a little detail about the project..
>
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 9:51:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

If you're gonna rework them, some points?...

> You first will have the choice of the language (english/french) and then of
> the starting land :
> ->If you chose to start in Kanto, you'll be able to play with Ash or Yolie
> (heroes from Red-Fire) and to chose one of those starting Pokemons :
> Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle or Pichu

I'd forget Pichu. Stick with the originals.

> ->If you chose to start in Johto, you'll be able to play with Kenta or
> Marina (heroes from Crystal) and will be able to chose one of those starting
> Pokemons : Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile or Mareep

Same as above ^^

> ->If you chose to start in Hoenn you'll be able to play with Brice or Flora
> (heroes from Ruby) and will be able to chose one of those starting Pokemons
> : Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip or Elektrike.

Ditto again. I really like the idea of being able to start wherever you want,
though. I wonder if Nintendo will ever take a hint and do this.

> There will be a new way to make evolve Feebas, and to evolvePokemons such as
> Kadabra or Onix. There will also be a way to evolve Manectric into one of
> the 386 Pokemons from the GBA games.

I really don't think playing with Feebas's evolution is a great idea. It's
done for a reason. Pokemon Masters have to be versed in all aspects of
Pokemon care. The trading should be worked in somehow, such as trading from
one IP to another. And evolving one pokemon into any of the 386? Can we say
grounds for abuse?

> In Pyros islands, will be the ultimate league challenge, the masters'
> turnament (sorry for the bad spelling), wich level 100 ennemies.

A real challenge after the Elite Four? It'd be interesting. You'd really
need to do something at least comparable to the Battle Frontier.

> Also featuring : some characters from the TV series (for exemple : Cathie,
> the Elektabuzz Baseball Team fan who started with a Chikorita) and some
> others (Bomberman, Ben the trainer deguised into Rockman...)

This idea rocks! (No pun intended.) I always loved how Jesse and James
popped up in Yellow, myself. There really should be more guest appearances.

--
fluxxdog
www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog
The worse crime you can commit against another human is to make them think.
Anonymous
May 14, 2005 2:46:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

> If you're gonna rework them, some points?...
In the game, due to a Pokeball crisis, no Pokemon catching is possible. In
fact, the reason is a technical one : I would need about 5 thousand
variables to do it, and I can only set 999. For that reason, there will be
several add-ons. I mentioned only some of them ;) 
We'll see the great return of the Trio Rocket (Yellow version and TV series)
and of Eusine (Crystal).



>> You first will have the choice of the language (english/french) and then
>> of the starting land :
>> ->If you chose to start in Kanto, you'll be able to play with Ash or
>> Yolie (heroes from Red-Fire) and to chose one of those starting Pokemons
>> : Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle or Pichu
>
> I'd forget Pichu. Stick with the originals.
>> ->If you chose to start in Johto, you'll be able to play with Kenta or
>> Marina (heroes from Crystal) and will be able to chose one of those
>> starting Pokemons : Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile or Mareep
>
> Same as above ^^
>
>> ->If you chose to start in Hoenn you'll be able to play with Brice or
>> Flora (heroes from Ruby) and will be able to chose one of those starting
>> Pokemons : Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip or Elektrike.
>
> Ditto again.
I'll need Pichu because Pikachu is the Yellow version's starting Pokemon.
But we'll be able to evolve it into Raichu, no worries ;) 
Because of that, I had to introduce electrical starting Pokemons also for
Johto and Hoenn.


> I really like the idea of being able to start wherever you want, though.
> I wonder if Nintendo will ever take a hint and do this.
>
>> There will be a new way to make evolve Feebas, and to evolvePokemons such
>> as Kadabra or Onix. There will also be a way to evolve Manectric into one
>> of the 386 Pokemons from the GBA games.
>
> I really don't think playing with Feebas's evolution is a great idea.
> It's done for a reason. Pokemon Masters have to be versed in all aspects
> of Pokemon care. The trading should be worked in somehow, such as trading
> from one IP to another. And evolving one pokemon into any of the 386?
> Can we say grounds for abuse?

I didn't say that. Manectric will evolve into on Pokemon of the 386, I just
don't tell wich one it'll be.
For technical reason (again) we can't trade pokemon. That's why there will
be another way to evolve Pokemons such as Kadabra.
I plan to introduce Ruby version's contests in "Pokemon Adventure Chronicles
II : Age of darkness" but for now, there will be no contest. So it was also
needed to find another way to evolve Feebas.


>> In Pyros islands, will be the ultimate league challenge, the masters'
>> turnament (sorry for the bad spelling), wich level 100 ennemies.
>
> A real challenge after the Elite Four? It'd be interesting. You'd really
> need to do something at least comparable to the Battle Frontier.
There will be something like the Battle Frontier, but this league is not the
same. In other leagues, we fight 4 highly skilled trainers and a champion.
In this one we'll fight 5 champions and a great champion. See ?




>> Also featuring : some characters from the TV series (for exemple :
>> Cathie, the Elektabuzz Baseball Team fan who started with a Chikorita)
>> and some others (Bomberman, Ben the trainer deguised into Rockman...)
>
> This idea rocks! (No pun intended.) I always loved how Jesse and James
> popped up in Yellow, myself. There really should be more guest
> appearances.

Thanks ;) 
Anonymous
May 15, 2005 12:56:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.nintendo.pokemon (More info?)

Too many Pokemon games try to create a fully new land. In a way, I try to be
different.
Maybe Pokemon Diamond/Pearl will be out, yes, and maybe even the next
versions, but I don't care ;) 
The project will not take 3 years to build I guess, but it will take the
time it'll need ;) 


"Matt" <winkstwo@sssnet.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
PI-dnRPUtf7KxxvfRVn-hg@massilloncabletv.com...
> If you ask me, I think you asking for trouble....and not from morons on
> Team Rocket,
> Team Manga and Team Aqua. If I was you, I would just create a random new
> area afar
> away from Orre, Heonn, Johto, Kanto, Servilli Islands, Orange Islands, and
> that new
> area from Pokemon XD: Dark Winds, Dark Lugia--but I won't be suprize, if
> PXD:D WDL
> takes place in Orre, or at least near it. By the time you finish all of
> the stuff you said, I bet--Pokemon Dimanod/Pokemon Pearl
> will be out!
>
> Catch you later,
> Dr. Thinker
>
>
>
>
> "Ze Killer News" <zekiller12000@free.fr> wrote in message
> news:4284bdd2$0$300$636a15ce@news.free.fr...
>> No problem ^^ Just for some names, I'll use the franch name beacuse I
>> don't know the english one. ;) 
>>
>>
>> You first will have the choice of the language (english/french) and then
>> of the starting land :
>> ->If you chose to start in Kanto, you'll be able to play with Ash or
>> Yolie (heroes from Red-Fire) and to chose one of those starting Pokemons
>> : Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle or Pichu
>>
>> ->If you chose to start in Johto, you'll be able to play with Kenta or
>> Marina (heroes from Crystal) and will be able to chose one of those
>> starting Pokemons : Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile or Mareep
>>
>> ->If you chose to start in Hoenn you'll be able to play with Brice or
>> Flora (heroes from Ruby) and will be able to chose one of those starting
>> Pokemons : Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip or Elektrike.
>>
>> In all case, you'll have to travel all those lands, and some others :
>> Seevii Islands from Red-Fire, Orange Island from the TV series, and the
>> new Pyros Islands.
>>
>> There will be a new way to make evolve Feebas, and to evolvePokemons such
>> as Kadabra or Onix. There will also be a way to evolve Manectric into one
>> of the 386 Pokemons from the GBA games.
>>
>> In Pyros islands, will be the ultimate league challenge, the masters'
>> turnament (sorry for the bad spelling), wich level 100 ennemies.
>>
>> Also featuring : some characters from the TV series (for exemple :
>> Cathie, the Elektabuzz Baseball Team fan who started with a Chikorita)
>> and some others (Bomberman, Ben the trainer deguised into Rockman...)
>>
>> I guess I listed everything for now... Oh yes, before the project is
>> over, there will be 2 Flash trailers, and a playable demo, just to keep
>> everyone patient... lol ;) 
>>
>> "Raph" <raphs@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
>> 9p2he.27684$ia6.13914@twister.nyroc.rr.com...
>>>
>>> "Ze Killer News" <zekiller12000@free.fr> wrote in message
>>> news:4283c61b$0$300$626a14ce@news.free.fr...
>>>> Hi everyone !
>>>>
>>>> I'm trying to program a special Pokemon game under RPG Maker 2003.
>>>> I'll still need some ressources, so I post this news if somebody can
>>>> help me to find them or create them.
>>>>
>>>> Actually, I need FX sounds from the original GBA Pokemon games
>>>> (Ruby/Saphirre/Emerald and FireRed/GreenLeaf)
>>>>
>>>> If you want to learn more about the project, I'll answer you here.
>>>
>>> I'd like to hear a little detail about the project..
>>>
>>
>>
>
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 28, 2010 2:23:21 PM

I'm sorry to ask you this but...I'm also working on a Pokemon Game.
Do you think you could help me with some of my resources? The only
Pokemon based chipset I got was from a failed pokemon game
that will never be continued. If you can, thanks! :) 


P.S. Is your game finished yet? 'Cause it sounds like so much fun!
July 28, 2010 2:30:26 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry to ask you this but...I'm also working on a Pokemon Game.
Do you think you could help me with some of my resources? The only
Pokemon based chipset I got was from a failed pokemon game
that will never be continued. If you can, thanks! :) 


P.S. Is your game finished yet? 'Cause it sounds like so much fun!


holy hell, did you even see the last post date before posting? 2005!!!
July 28, 2010 5:12:35 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!