dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it delete
IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE incase i
don't like firefox

cheers Dave

rush

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 00:03:15 +0000, Dragon wrote:

> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it
> delete IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE
> incase i don't like firefox
>
> cheers Dave

Firefox or Mozilla.
As mentioned, they will coexist with IE just fine.

Rush
http://www.bythedrop.com

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

As the other poster responded, the browsers can coexist without problems. Firefox has
some nice features (like tabs), that MS is incorporating into IE 7, which was supposed to
be released with Longhorn (next version of windows). But, since Firefox has become
increasingly popular, something like 25 million downloads in a short span of time, MS not
wanting to lose more of the web browser market to a third party web browser is rethinking
its position, and will probably release IE 7 as an update for Windows XP SP2 systems. I
really like Firefox. But, some plug-ins don't work with it, even though tech support says
that they do.

For more about IE 7:

http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/ie7_preview_1.asp

T.C.

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it delete
> IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE incase i
> don't like firefox
>
> cheers Dave

Alias

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote

> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it
> delete IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE
> incase i don't like firefox
>
> cheers Dave

They can coexist. I have Firefox, Mozilla and IE on my computer. You could
put Opera on too, if you like. Firefox will import your IE favorites during
installation, btw.

Alias

i use firefox, only use IE for updates,

"Dragon" wrote:

> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it delete
> IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE incase i
> don't like firefox
>
> cheers Dave

ive been using firefox for almost a year and no virus or spyware has ever got
thru,, ive gotten one or 2 , but that was because i opened something after
firefox warned me not to open, which i wont do again

"Dragon" wrote:

> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it delete
> IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE incase i
> don't like firefox
>
> cheers Dave

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Have used firefox but still get virus and spyware from it.
I would stay with IE, but you can always try other browsers.

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it
> delete IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE
> incase i don't like firefox
>
> cheers Dave

matchstich formulated on Saturday :
> i use firefox, only use IE for updates,
>
> "Dragon" wrote:
>
>> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
>> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it delete
>> IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE incase i
>> don't like firefox
>>
>> cheers Dave

Worth remebering if you are moving to another Browser, that if you wish
to use windows update AFAIK you need to keep a copy of IE on the
Machine.

Peter

--

Peter

Dragon wrote:

> Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
> spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it delete
> IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE incase i
> don't like firefox

One can get spyware using ANY browser. IT's up to YOU to NOT install
spyware in the first place.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

JoeM wrote:
> Have used firefox but still get virus and spyware from it.
> I would stay with IE, but you can always try other browsers.
>

> "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote
>>Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
>>spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it
>>delete IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE
>>incase i don't like firefox
>>
>>cheers Dave

I use Netscape 7.2 without any spyware or virus problems... ever.
bj

Plato wrote:
> Dragon wrote:
>
>>Hi guys apart from IE what is the best other browser that doesn't cause
>>spyware to get, i have been told mozilla firefox is good but does it delete
>>IE when you put it on your system or does it run along side IE incase i
>>don't like firefox
>

> One can get spyware using ANY browser. IT's up to YOU to NOT install
> spyware in the first place.

A lot harder for you to get spyware with Firefox, as it does not support
ActiveX.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Not True. Since I tested the browser on some sites and it download and
install spyware in the background without asking, and tried to run a virus
(Which Norton Stoped, & MSAS stoped). Computer was clean and fuly updated
before I did the test with FireFox. All Browsers have problems. Don't
like the idea that some not all people keep saying firefox is hard to get
hit with spyware or viruses.