eeveelutions

what would you do for an entirely eevee-team
eeveelutions allowed!

René
2 answers Last reply
More about eeveelutions

    "René Heijmans" <frame997@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
    > what would you do for an entirely eevee-team
    > eeveelutions allowed!

    This is a tricky one. Sure you go with the five Eeveelutions (always loved
    that term ^^) but what about the sixth spot?

    Well, First you deal with the first five. Flareon 's best stat is Attack.
    And, as a Fire type, should also be equipped with Flamethrower. Physical
    Attacks are a must, though. Shadow Ball is good, esecially if you're dealing
    with a high Sp. Def. Pokemon. Double Teamers fall to Swift. Pick a fourth to
    round it out. Sunny Day might be good for reasons explained later. And yes,
    I didn't choose Fire Blast. We all know it's more powerful and less accurate.
    The Accuracy is what kills it for me.

    Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball
    Swift
    ????

    Vaporeon has the edge in HP. It's Special Attack comes in second. Naturally,
    you'd want to play with that in mind. So what do we have to work with? Kinda
    standard, Ice Beam and Surf are always good choices. But for your other
    moves? Well, with good HP, Rest would be a nice choice, but it leaves you
    vunerable for 2 turns at least. This can be tempered with Sleep Talk,
    teachable in Emerald by an old guy in Fortree City.

    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

    Jolteon... My favorite! Even though I'm a Psychic lover, Jolteon has always
    impressed me from the Chromatic days ^^ Thunderbolt is, of course, a must.
    Jolteon can also learn Double Kick and Pin Missile. Though not highly
    appreciated, these three moves have nonetheless been signature for Jolteon.
    So how do you round him out? Well, one school of thought encourages replacing
    Thunderbolt with Thunder and giving Rain Dance as the fourth move. Not bad,
    but since it takes 2 turns to pull off, the enemy can get one shot in before
    your Thunder. Also, below is a reason why I don't prefer Rain Dance with
    Espeon and Umbreon. I have always loved giving Toxic as its fourth move.
    Jolteon's Speed can usually get the Toxic in before the other get's a first
    move. The Thunder/Rain Dance combo is always something to consider, though.

    Thunderbolt
    Pin Missile
    Double Kick
    Toxic

    Espeon: Strongest Special Attack of the Five. And, of course, Psychic is a
    must for any Psychic type Pokemon. Morning Sun in also a nice move.
    HOWEVER!! This is why I don't prefer the Rain Dance combo on Jolteon. IIRC,
    back in the Metallic days, Rain Dance hampered the power of the Light Heals
    (Morning Sun, Synthesis, Moonlight). (I haven't had a chance to personally
    test this yet in Emerald.) This is also why I suggested Sunny Day as a
    possible Fourth Move for Flareon. Sunny Day would boost their power to full
    healing. (Again, I haven't personally tested it.) Light Heals aside, the
    other two moves are pretty much anything goes. Its horrific weakness to Dark
    doesn't encourage the fact it can't learn anything to really fight it. Best
    bet I can think of is Reflect and Calm Mind. If you don't like Reflect, you
    can try Charm to lower their attack. I'd stick with Reflect, though, since it
    can pass on to others if Espeon faints.

    Psychic
    Morning Sun
    Reflect or Charm
    Calm Mind

    Umbreon is Dark. That's it. It has the better defenses of them all, having
    higher Defense and Special Defense AND the second highest HP. This one should
    be built in Tank Mode. It can play the waiting game somewhat well. I've
    actually pissed people off with one name Shaseol (anagram) with Toxic, Double
    Team, Moonlight, and Mean Look. It's higher defense give it more
    survivability, Mean Look locks the Pokemon in place, Toxic can put a mean hurt
    on it, Double Team help increase its survivability, and Moonlight heals odd
    hits that get in after Double Teaming enough times. Believe it or not, this
    has actually won quite a few battle. The only reason he doesn't have any Dark
    type moves is his Special Attack is the worst of them all.

    Toxic
    Moonlight
    Double Team
    Mean Look

    Now, we approach the question of: Who goes in slot 6? Well, the purist would,
    of course go for an Eevee, to which I say: NO! Excuse me, let me rephrase
    that: HELL NO!!! Eevee is naturally the weakest, stat wise. So who would be
    best for the coveted sixth spot?

    Well, strange as it may seem, Vaporeon would fit in good enough. Here's why:
    Along with having the best HP, it's move list is better and it has good
    Special Attack. So while Ice Beam and Surf are boring yet reliable, this one
    would differ from the other, giving you more versatility.

    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Bite
    Hidden Power

    OK, I know what you're thinking: "Hidden Power?! WTF! Have you gone nuts?!"
    No, I've been nuts for some time now ^^ But this Vaporeon is made to be your
    filler. Work on it to get it's strongest Hidden Power and the type you want.
    http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml gives a thorough breakdown of
    the Hidden Power method. It's just a matter of luck and patience.

    Now, everyone's gonna ask, what items should they hold? Personally, I've
    never cared about items as far as strategy, save for a Focus Band on a
    Shuckle. Use what you think would be appropriate, such as something to awaken
    your Resting Vaporeon. So here's my picks for an Eevee based team:

    Flareon:
    Flamethrower
    Shadow Ball
    Swift
    ????

    Vaporeon:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Rest
    Sleep Talk

    Jolteon:
    Thunderbolt
    Pin Missile
    Double Kick
    Toxic

    Espeon:
    Psychic
    Morning Sun
    Reflect or Charm
    Calm Mind

    Umbreon:
    Toxic
    Moonlight
    Double Team
    Mean Look

    Vaporeon 2:
    Surf
    Ice Beam
    Bite
    Hidden Power

    Try it out and have fun!

    (And bonus points to whoever figures out Shaseol's original name ^^)
    --
    fluxxdog
    www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog

    Why not using an Eevee and take it at the first line ?
    Using some interesting defensive attacks, it should be useful
    Eevee @ BrightPowder
    Swagger
    Double Team
    Reflect
    baton Pass

    Begin with Swagger and re-use it each time the ennemy is no more confused
    Use double team 6 times and then reflect
    Finally, Swagger if necessary and baton pass

    U8tie.1373$Uy2.666@bignews4.bellsouth.net...

Games Nintendo Video Games