Hello,
I have OE at home but Outlook at work. My PDA would connect with
Outlook. I recently installed Office XP, an upgrade from Office 2000 Small
Business Edition. Office XP offers to change to Outlook by importing my OE
data and settings. Will this make my box die? I am running XP home. I want
to switch but am not convinced. Any thoughts or experiences with this?
Regards,
Xray

Hi Xray,

Done it lots of times, it's fairly painless and easy. Outlook does most of
the work, though if you have mail rules and filters you will need to rebuild
them.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Xray" <Xray@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I have OE at home but Outlook at work. My PDA would connect with
> Outlook. I recently installed Office XP, an upgrade from Office 2000
> Small Business Edition. Office XP offers to change to Outlook by importing
> my OE data and settings. Will this make my box die? I am running XP home.
> I want to switch but am not convinced. Any thoughts or experiences with
> this?
> Regards,
> Xray

Rick,
Thanks for the help. I guess I'll give it a try.
xray
> Hi Xray,
>
> Done it lots of times, it's fairly painless and easy. Outlook does most of
> the work, though if you have mail rules and filters you will need to
> rebuild them.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Xray" <Xray@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> I have OE at home but Outlook at work. My PDA would connect with
>> Outlook. I recently installed Office XP, an upgrade from Office 2000
>> Small Business Edition. Office XP offers to change to Outlook by
>> importing my OE data and settings. Will this make my box die? I am
>> running XP home. I want to switch but am not convinced. Any thoughts or
>> experiences with this?
>> Regards,
>> Xray

Rick,
I tried it and it worked great. Thanks for the incentive to try it.
Xray
> Rick,
> Thanks for the help. I guess I'll give it a try.
> xray
>> Hi Xray,
>>
>> Done it lots of times, it's fairly painless and easy. Outlook does most
>> of the work, though if you have mail rules and filters you will need to
>> rebuild them.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Xray" <Xray@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>> I have OE at home but Outlook at work. My PDA would connect with
>>> Outlook. I recently installed Office XP, an upgrade from Office 2000
>>> Small Business Edition. Office XP offers to change to Outlook by
>>> importing my OE data and settings. Will this make my box die? I am
>>> running XP home. I want to switch but am not convinced. Any thoughts or
>>> experiences with this?
>>> Regards,
>>> Xray

No problem, glad it worked out for you.