how to change language WM2003

June 21, 2005 7:47:01 PM

Does anybody know whether it will be possible to change the language of the
operative system of a pda?

What if I upgrade from WM2003 swedish to WM 5.0 english. Should that switch
the language or will it come up with an error of incompatible languages?

Any help is much appreciated!

Teun

More about : change language wm2003

Anonymous
June 21, 2005 7:47:02 PM

unfortunately, the os language is a hardcoded part of the rom image and
cannot be changed without reflashing a full rom image using an update
from the mfg.

To date (5 years) I have yet to hear of any mfg that supports a language
change, plus, rom updates normally look for a compatible version in
place before they load so I have also not heard of anyone being
successful in accomplishing this using a rom update.

Beverly Howard [MS MVP-Mobile Devices]
June 21, 2005 7:47:02 PM

Teun <teun_dekker@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Does anybody know whether it will be possible to change the
> language of the operative system of a pda?

Depending on the actual model of the PDA, changing the language can be
easy to difficult, or impossible. Easiest, so as far as I know, is the
Axim series. This is of course against the license agreement...
Anonymous
June 21, 2005 9:19:21 PM

In most cases, the upgrades block installation over different languages,
since it is against the license of the OS.

--
Helio Diamant
MS-MVP/Mobile Devices

!