What power 1950

So 1950 on agp socket what is the actual power requirment as the reviews on the net seem to differ
Thanks for any help
Mactronix
8 answers Last reply
More about what power 1950
  1. well generally depending on the make of the psu, you should be looking for at the least 22amp on the +12v rail. However it is highly recommended that you save yourself some trouble and go for something with 28-30 amps.

Make sure its a good make as some crap psu's are 500-600 watts overall but only have 12amps on the +12 rail. You should be looking for about 500 watts with 28-30 amps on the psu.

have a look at this bit of the forum written by mpilchfamily to tell you what sorta psu you should be looking at: http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/PSU-101-ftopict198276.html
  2. The thing is my system is about 1.5 years old and obviously running a agp port it came with a 9800 i upgraded it to a x800xl after a couple of months.
    That died recently and i noticed the 1950 but alas i have chacked and have a 400 watt supply so dont think i can run it any ideas to get a bit more life out of the system before i bite the bullet and upgrade.
    Thanks
    Mactronix
  3. well my psu is a 380 watt and i run the card without any problems. However, I may just be on the border line.

What you could do, is to go for a card like the 7600 gt or the x1650 pro. They consume less power and will give you enough boost to last you a little while longer.
  4. You would be alright on any PSU giving 22-24 amps on the 12 rail, or like me just kill it and get a CORSAIR 620 HX 50A 8)

No power problems and 5 year warranty . SLI or whatever on that power :P
  5. The power requirement for the x1950 pro is 66W, only a little more than your last card the x800xl , 49W. http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/forums.asp?s=2&c=7&t=9354&p=0

I would expect your 400W PSU will be up to it.
  6. Yea, my 400W PSU also ran it fine, I just had a lot of other problems. Just try it and then upgrade if it doesnt work.

M
  7. Thanks guys that about covers it i have checked and have 25 on the 12v rail so im gona go for it

Mactronix
  8. best of luck, worse than can happen is that ur system will restart when playing games, then you know you need a better psu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Reviews Socket Power Graphics