Parking places?

Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be standing? Or do
you find a kewl parking place?

I used to hop on top of the info kiosks, but it was a bitch without
teleport and got boring afterwards.

In dangerous zones, I'll find a nice small ledge somewhere so that I
won't spawn back into a mob.

In general, I'll park in gate and tram areas for safety and to have a
good starting-up choice of places to go. (I also try to do
"housekeeping" - sell, stock up on Insps, get the next arc mission -
before quitting each time, too.)

My current favorite parking place is inside the window of the tram
stations - go just inside, jump up on ledge/beam thing. Amuses the
lowbies in lower zones. "How much is that Heee-ro in the window..."

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
> Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be standing?
Or do
> you find a kewl parking place?

Last night I logged out my main after talking to a contact, Jose
Escalante (east side of Founder's Fall). I wasn't thinking about the
fact that he's located right near some DE that are +4 and +5 to me, or
about the fact that the SS and Stealth that I turn on while roaming the
city won't be on when I log in again.

This morning when I log in I was taking damage while the loading screen
is still active. When I finally can do something about it I toggle SS
as fast as can and start running and toggling stealth at the same time.
I was only down about half my HPs, but it was an interesting way to
start out first thing in the morning.

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
> Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be standing?
Or do
> you find a kewl parking place?

With new (low-leveled) characters, I tend to park near a social center
(under the statue of Atlas, at or around the Freedom Corps building, or
in Gemini Park). Once my characters gets Flying (they all fly), they
tend to perch high up on a skyscraper ledge.

I never park in a dangerous zone. I always make my way back to
"civilization" before I bed down for the night... or at least next to a
zone entrance.

Someone I was teamed with last night picked a tree to sleep in, which
seemed like an uncomfortable place to me.

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:

> In dangerous zones, I'll find a nice small ledge somewhere so that I
> won't spawn back into a mob.

He he, yesterday somebody in our team did the exact opposite. He quit
playing for the night and logged off in Hollows on one of the hills in
the midst of Trolls and Outcasts.

~T.

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

> Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
> Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be standing? Or
> do you find a kewl parking place?
>
> I used to hop on top of the info kiosks, but it was a bitch without
> teleport and got boring afterwards.
>
> In dangerous zones, I'll find a nice small ledge somewhere so that I
> won't spawn back into a mob.
>
> In general, I'll park in gate and tram areas for safety and to have a
> good starting-up choice of places to go. (I also try to do
> "housekeeping" - sell, stock up on Insps, get the next arc mission -
> before quitting each time, too.)
>
> My current favorite parking place is inside the window of the tram
> stations - go just inside, jump up on ledge/beam thing. Amuses the
> lowbies in lower zones. "How much is that Heee-ro in the window..."

I usually go for the safe spots, unless I'm in a lowbie zone:

In the middle of the water
Next to a police zone
Most often: On the ledge of the zone walls.

--
Marc Bissonnette
CGI / Database / Web Management Tools: http://www.internalysis.com

"The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com> wrote:
> Someone I was teamed with last night picked a tree to sleep in, which
> seemed like an uncomfortable place to me.

An amusing place to park is on top of some structures - like the little
guard house just inside the gate of The Hollows. If you perch on the roof
when you log off, you'll log in to a door toss, like what happens if you
log during a mission. Odd that it's coded as an opening door instead of a
fixed graphic element...

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

> Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
> Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be
> standing? Or do you find a kewl parking place?

As a flyer, I get to the top of the sky, in most cases, when I was
lower (14-25). Or the edge of the War Wall

> I used to hop on top of the info kiosks, but it was a bitch
> without teleport and got boring afterwards.

I like finding balconies that are real high up....sort of the penthouse
view.

> In dangerous zones, I'll find a nice small ledge somewhere so that
> I won't spawn back into a mob.

I don't log out in any hazard zone. Not even in the gate area. I
consider myself logging out as taking my char home for the night.

> In general, I'll park in gate and tram areas for safety and to
> have a good starting-up choice of places to go. (I also try to do
> "housekeeping" - sell, stock up on Insps, get the next arc mission
> - before quitting each time, too.)
>
> My current favorite parking place is inside the window of the tram
> stations - go just inside, jump up on ledge/beam thing. Amuses the
> lowbies in lower zones. "How much is that Heee-ro in the
> window..."

On a team today, as soon as the new mission was selected we got
ambushed by crey inside the tram station. As in at the door to the
tram. In Talos, with lvl 43 Crey. Yes we mopped them up, and looked for
orange good guys. Luckily there weren't any.

I don't consider any place where at least one of my feet doesn't hang
off the edge 600 yards up safe. I have yet to see an ambush come up on
the Crey billboard behind the tram in talos.

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
> As a flyer, I get to the top of the sky, in most cases, when I was
> lower (14-25).

So are you still at the same altitude when you return?

What is the roof height, anyway?

--

> J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
>> As a flyer, I get to the top of the sky, in most cases, when I was
>> lower (14-25).
>
> So are you still at the same altitude when you return?

Yes and no.......fly and hover don't usually turn on until you toggle
them, and since most toggles turn off when you log........you have to
be real fast on the click/macro/bind before you hit the ground and go
to 1 HP.......think of it as a caffeine rush if you forgot where you
logged out.

> What is the roof height, anyway?

I think it was 600 yards from a 0 reference ground (X,0,Y) so 1800
feet?

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote in

<SNIP>

> I think it was 600 yards from a 0 reference ground (X,0,Y) so 1800
> feet?

Just went and tested this on test server.

Starting point PI ferry in Talos: 1606.1 35.9 5531.2
Fly straight up to ceiling: 1604.6 900.0 5566.0

Ferry target 288 yards away.

900 - 35.9 = 864.1 / 288 = 3

So, 300 yards is ceiling, or 900 feet.

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
> Just went and tested this on test server.

Thanks. Just curious; don't have any flying chars and am not attracted
much to flight, so...

> Starting point PI ferry in Talos: 1606.1 35.9 5531.2
> Fly straight up to ceiling: 1604.6 900.0 5566.0
>
> Ferry target 288 yards away.
>
> 900 - 35.9 = 864.1 / 288 = 3
>
> So, 300 yards is ceiling, or 900 feet.

Uh, yeah, I think we knew that in line 2. :) Nice to have confirmation
that the coordinates are in feet, though.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 8 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
>Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be standing? Or do
>you find a kewl parking place?
>
>I used to hop on top of the info kiosks, but it was a bitch without
>teleport and got boring afterwards.
>
>In dangerous zones, I'll find a nice small ledge somewhere so that I
>won't spawn back into a mob.
>
>In general, I'll park in gate and tram areas for safety and to have a
>good starting-up choice of places to go. (I also try to do
>"housekeeping" - sell, stock up on Insps, get the next arc mission -
>before quitting each time, too.)
>
>My current favorite parking place is inside the window of the tram
>stations - go just inside, jump up on ledge/beam thing. Amuses the
>lowbies in lower zones. "How much is that Heee-ro in the window..."

Mostly gate/train, but sometimes on a roof near a mission (IE level 10
in with a door mission in south skyway) if I don't feel like doing the
mission right then.
At higher levels i'll sometimes park up on the forcewall ledges, or by a
contact (like Tobias in Striga) if they're a fair distance from the zone
start.

Xocyll

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>Shenanigunner wrote:
>> Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
>> Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be standing?
>Or do
>> you find a kewl parking place?
>
>Last night I logged out my main after talking to a contact, Jose
>Escalante (east side of Founder's Fall). I wasn't thinking about the
>fact that he's located right near some DE that are +4 and +5 to me, or
>about the fact that the SS and Stealth that I turn on while roaming the
>city won't be on when I log in again.
>
>This morning when I log in I was taking damage while the loading screen
>is still active. When I finally can do something about it I toggle SS
>as fast as can and start running and toggling stealth at the same time.
> I was only down about half my HPs, but it was an interesting way to
>start out first thing in the morning.

Heh. Personally if i'm in that area I just park in the ICON round the
corner.

Xocyll

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
>> Just went and tested this on test server.
>
>Thanks. Just curious; don't have any flying chars and am not attracted
>much to flight, so...

Ah, flight's not so bad, just a tad slow. I wish they'd raise it's cap
so that more than 4 flight enhancers would actually do something.

Air Superiority on the other hand is fantastic, so getting flight is
practically free if you have a toon that uses it.

Looking at your sig, both your tanker and scrapper could be AS users
since neither is a weapon user.

I missed it on the wee stone/axe tanker, but since my ice tanker went
with EM, AS is once again in the mix.

Besides, a fly Tanker seems to really confuse some of the players who
believe that only squishies ever fly.

Xocyll

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> Thanks. Just curious; don't have any flying chars and am not attracted
>> much to flight, so...

> Ah, flight's not so bad, just a tad slow.

I keep meaning to fly a char, but other powers and pools seem more useful
when it actually comes time to select. Maybe I'll fly my blaster, although
she already has Super Speed.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Science Scrapper, Dark/Regen, M =-

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>>> Thanks. Just curious; don't have any flying chars and am not attracted
>>> much to flight, so...
>
>> Ah, flight's not so bad, just a tad slow.
>
> I keep meaning to fly a char, but other powers and pools seem more useful
> when it actually comes time to select. Maybe I'll fly my blaster, although
> she already has Super Speed.

I've finally got a flying character, when my controller got to level 14.
Seems to make sense as a gravity controller to be able to defy it!

--
| Victory Server: |
| Bex - Level 34 Blaster (Assault Rifle/Devices) |

willie

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Shenanigunner wrote:
>> Where do you park your alt when you quit? Do you just whack
>> Quit/YeahQuitNow and go, wherever your toon happens to be standing?
> Or do
>> you find a kewl parking place?
>
> Last night I logged out my main after talking to a contact, Jose
> Escalante (east side of Founder's Fall). I wasn't thinking about the
> fact that he's located right near some DE that are +4 and +5 to me, or
> about the fact that the SS and Stealth that I turn on while roaming the
> city won't be on when I log in again.
>
> This morning when I log in I was taking damage while the loading screen
> is still active. When I finally can do something about it I toggle SS
> as fast as can and start running and toggling stealth at the same time.
> I was only down about half my HPs, but it was an interesting way to
> start out first thing in the morning.

The comic version of being "slapped awake" hehe

My flier used to park on the arm or head of a statue.

Mulligan wrote:

> I never use fly anymore and especially with a character that would
generally
> have endurance issues like a blaster....they really need to make fly
more
> endurance friendly.

They have that. It's called six-slotted hover ;)

Seriously, I've got 3 slotted hover so far and it's very nice for my
previously vertically challenged scrapper. At 34 enh slots become more
abundant than power slots, so 6 slotting it might be viable. I like
the added defense and have it in my toggle chain for defense when
prepping for a fight(SR is my secondary).

Mulligan

Distinguished
May 14, 2004

"Shenanigunner" <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in message
> Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> >> Thanks. Just curious; don't have any flying chars and am not attracted
> >> much to flight, so...
>
> > Ah, flight's not so bad, just a tad slow.
>
> I keep meaning to fly a char, but other powers and pools seem more useful
> when it actually comes time to select. Maybe I'll fly my blaster, although
> she already has Super Speed.

I never use fly anymore and especially with a character that would generally
have endurance issues like a blaster....they really need to make fly more
endurance friendly.

Dave

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:09:45 GMT, "Mulligan"
<davewilson69@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I never use fly anymore and especially with a character that would generally
>have endurance issues like a blaster....they really need to make fly more
>endurance friendly.

When you actually have the full-on fly turned on, you're not going to
be fighting. It's a travel power, that's all. You take a severe
accuracy penalty while Fly is on. As for the end use, 1 SO end reducer
makes it so that base end regen keeps up with the end use. By the time
you have 3 slots in Stamina, you don't even need that end reducer in
it.

For combat purposes, there's Hover. Hover has a defense bonus, tiny
end use, can keep you out of melee, but doesn't have much speed.

--
Dark Tyger

Sympathy for the retailer:
http://www.actsofgord.com/index.html
"Door's to your left" -Gord

Protect free speech: http://stopfcc.com/

"Mulligan" <davewilson69@sbcglobal.net> looked up from reading the
say:

>"Shenanigunner" <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in message
>>
>> > Ah, flight's not so bad, just a tad slow.
>>
>> I keep meaning to fly a char, but other powers and pools seem more useful
>> when it actually comes time to select. Maybe I'll fly my blaster, although
>> she already has Super Speed.
>
>I never use fly anymore and especially with a character that would generally
>have endurance issues like a blaster....they really need to make fly more
>endurance friendly.

Two things;
1. Fly becomes pretty end friendly with 1 end reducer SO in it.
2. Blasters are the last AT to be described as having endurance issues
since they have the lowest end costs for powers of all the ATs.

Xocyll

On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:39:47 -0800, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net> wrote:

> When you actually have the full-on fly turned on, you're not going to
> be fighting. It's a travel power, that's all. <snip>

> For combat purposes, there's Hover. Hover has a defense bonus, tiny
> end use, can keep you out of melee, but doesn't have much speed.

And to combine the two, there's Gnarly's Speed-on-Demand.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |