Default Mail Handler?

Hi all. How do I change my default mail program from OE? Right now, the
system has selected OE as the default, but I use another prog. However, the
option to choose OE is grayed out under tools, and I cannot de-select it.
Thanks all!

Have you looked in the one you are now using for the option to make that
the default. It will probably be in the tools option.
Joan

On Sat, 2 Apr 2005 14:47:25 +0200, LMO wrote:

> Hi all. How do I change my default mail program from OE? Right now, the
> system has selected OE as the default, but I use another prog. However, the
> option to choose OE is grayed out under tools, and I cannot de-select it.
> Thanks all!

What is your preferred default mail program? If it does not register itself
in a way that allows Internet Options> Programs to recognize it as a valid
mail client, it will not be available to choose. Also, you need to be
logged on with an account in the administrative group to change this
setting.

The default mail setting is a global setting. Only one default mail client
can be selected for all users. If someone has setup Outlook Express here,
then it is the default for everyone. If someone else prefers to use another
program, they will need to launch it manually.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

That's interesting to know, but as I'm the only user of this machine I
would not have thought of it <g> 3 in the house all with own computers.
I use Thunderbird and have it set as default.
Joan