Sound Problem!

Jeffreyg4

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
Hello i purchased my new gaming computer about two months ago and have lately been having serious issues with sound not working. Here are my specs

Intel Core Duo 6700

BFG Tech 8800 GTX OC

2GB OCZ RAM

Creative Sound Blaster XFI Xtrememusic Sound card

Asus P5b Mobo

XP Home

OCZ 700 Watt Power supply

The problem is after i boot , everything works fine (Usually) , than several munits later all sounds stop working and all that comes out of the speakers is a constant loud beep sound that does not go away untill i restart the computer. i have tried rolling back and reinstalling the drivers for the XFI Xtrememusic sound card but that doesent stop the problem, This problem is really getting on my nerves and it causes me to restart my pc almost every 10 minits

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this problem i would really appreciate it!!

Thanks
- Jeff

MiguelOne

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
You need to do more troubleshooting.

Does this happen as well while you have your headphones on instead of speakers?

Does the p5b have a built in sound device? if so are you sure that it's properly disabled?

Jeffreyg4

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
it happens with both headphones and speakers it appears to be the sound card that is causeing the problem i have disabled the p5b's onboard sound through the bios and that did nothing, This problem just came out of noowere one day and now continues to piss me off evrey damn day.

Can someone PLEASE Help me!

Jeffreyg4

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2006
wow thanks for all the replys, well im not trying to be rude but 100 views and 1 reply....

any input will be appreciated, i may just back up most of my important stuff and grab a copy of Vista , im sure reformating will fix this issue but if it can be avoided i would like to.

chungdokwan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
How come you think refomatting will solve the problem ? its a drastic step thats for sure.

It could be hardware related yet.

from what I've read on this forum installing vista will probably cause more problems then it solves.

chungdokwan

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2006
The problem is after i boot , everything works fine (Usually)

What happens unusually ?
Have you checked the card is seated securely ?

Also i'd try unistalling the current drivers using something like "drive cleaner" pro to make sure thier completly gone, Then install the latest drivers form the website of the manufacture.

If this fails I'd probably RMA the soundcard you could use onboard sound in the meantime.
If once you have a new soundcard and are still having the same problem at least you will know what its not.