Sign in with
Your question

F**king Firefox 1.5!!

Last response: in Windows XP
January 12, 2006 6:30:37 PM

I know this version of Firefox has been released long time ago, but... This version is just horrible!! It consumes much more memory, if you open too many tabs quickly, it stops working for a long time, and crashes often!!!

Is the problem in this Firefox version, or there's something wrong with my computer??? :?

More about : king firefox

January 12, 2006 7:02:33 PM

I've been using it for a couple of days... seems ok to me so far. I don't open a lot of tabs quickly, so I can't tell you anything about that... but it hasn't crashed on me yet.
January 12, 2006 7:04:38 PM

Quote:
I know this version of Firefox has been released long time ago, but... This version is just horrible!! It consumes much more memory, if you open too many tabs quickly, it stops working for a long time, and crashes often!!!

Is the problem in this Firefox version, or there's something wrong with my computer??? :?

crashed no, but the thing with the tabs is true, but still its better, works defenitely better
Related resources
January 21, 2006 7:35:24 PM

I have the same problem. It says up top (not responding) and does it to me everytime I use it. And I just add the fasterfox. When I first added it it really did speed things up. Now when I go to pages I go to alot, it takes forever. When I first started useing Firfox, I thought it was the best. But now I'm not so sure, it hangs up all the time and freezes all the time. So if anyone knows why this is happening Please help.
Thank you very much,
deedee64 :?
January 21, 2006 11:26:51 PM

I can get problems with CPU useage when it's been running for a long time...but that's it. I can deal with that.
January 22, 2006 8:20:58 AM

version 1.5.0.1 is out, problem solved at me :) 
January 22, 2006 11:59:52 AM

Nice!! Let's wait for the final version!
January 24, 2006 9:27:47 AM

is opening a bunch of tabs harder then opening up a bunch of different browser apps? I have up to 15 open at 1 time and I almost never experience any problem with the browser not responding. I had a problem with it freezing but I believe that was due to nero vision express and me trying to do 2 things with it at the same time or something like that. other than that I never have a problem with it. amd 2000+ 512mb samsung pc2700, 9600xt 128mb
January 24, 2006 1:06:39 PM

Your PC have a great performance then!!! :D 
January 26, 2006 3:48:23 AM

I've had all sorts of problems with 1.5. It's disappointing because I have always used Firefox. I'm using Opera now and it seems to be faster (and does not crash every five minutes).
January 26, 2006 8:53:33 AM

It's disappointing for me too... Sometimes I can't even use WMP while using Firefox, because both get slow, and the music on WMP start to skip and fail... :?
January 28, 2006 1:46:20 PM

i get issues with it - its as if my right key is jamed down and everything everywhere (all apps after it happens) wont stop till i hibernate or restart but it wont do it in the ctrl+alt+delete menu
!