Netgear trouble with 2 wifi's :(

Ok, hey all. I have a Netgear WiFi router that worked fine with my Acer notebook up until I built a new Desktop PC. I am not sure what card the notebook has but I'm sure it has a 802.11b frequency.
My Desktop has a Belkin 802.11g card installed (I heard g is faster than b so I went for this card).

Now here's the problem, I cannot seem to get my notebook working on my WiFi, it seems to pick up my neighbours unsecured NETGEAR router just fine but not mine :/ I have enabled both g&b mode on the router so I can't seem to find what the problem is.

Would appreciate some help, sorry if there's not enough info.
3 answers Last reply
More about netgear trouble wifi
  1. Maybe your neighbors WiFi signal is overlapping your signal so much, that you can't even see your own network.

I suggest that you try and change the WiFi Channel on your router... :wink:
  2. Nah it's definetly not that my neighbours signal is stronger as it's always lowish.

What channel would you recommend changing too?
  3. Go into routers setup and drop off any security you have, Turn on SSID if you have it off. Make sure your routers is set to b/g if you have any b hardware.

Turn off any firewalls you may have active.

Remove your wireless location. Then see if you can connect.

Once a connection is established add security back then your firewalls last. Only do one step at a time, verifying connection after each.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Routers WiFi Notebooks Netgear Wireless Networking