strategy for battle pike?

anyone have some advice for beating lucy? her milotic just wipes me up
every time...
7 answers Last reply
More about strategy battle pike

    On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, John Salerno wrote:
    > anyone have some advice for beating lucy? her milotic just wipes me up
    > every time...

    A strong physical attack. Milotic's excellent Special Defense means its
    weaknesses (Electricity & Grass) are utterly futile to try, at equal levels.

    Joseph William Dixon wrote:
    > On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>anyone have some advice for beating lucy? her milotic just wipes me up
    >>every time...
    >

    > A strong physical attack. Milotic's excellent Special Defense means its
    > weaknesses (Electricity & Grass) are utterly futile to try, at equal levels.

    I've tried Alakazam with Thunderpunch and Venusaur with grass moves, but
    obviously Mirror Coat and Ice Beam kill them right away. I figure I
    either need to get really lucky with a critical hit, or use Focus Band.

    I guess maybe a water pokemon would be good to use, since Surf and Ice
    Beam won't be effective against it. But I'd still need to use a physical
    attack, right?

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, John Salerno wrote:
    > I guess maybe a water pokemon would be good to use, since Surf and Ice
    > Beam won't be effective against it. But I'd still need to use a physical
    > attack, right?

    ...as I said.

    In article <Pine.GSO.3.95.iB1.0.1050602094617.6976A-100000@halifax.chebucto.ns.ca>,
    Joseph William Dixon <aa343@chebucto.ns.ca> wrote:
    >On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, John Salerno wrote:
    >> anyone have some advice for beating lucy? her milotic just wipes me up
    >> every time...
    >
    > A strong physical attack. Milotic's excellent Special Defense means its
    >weaknesses (Electricity & Grass) are utterly futile to try, at equal levels.

    Unless you get lucky. I took that Milotic down with two Thunderbolts
    from my Manetric. Next time I'll try a physical attack (although IIRC
    my Manetric was the only Pokemon I had standing when I faced the Milotic).

    david@thornley.net | If you don't, flee.

    Joseph William Dixon wrote:
    > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>I guess maybe a water pokemon would be good to use, since Surf and Ice
    >>Beam won't be effective against it. But I'd still need to use a physical
    >>attack, right?
    >

    > ...as I said.

    Yeah, only problem is I don't really have a high-level pokemon with a
    good physical attack, except Geodude who would get creamed with Surf or
    Ice Beam.

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, John Salerno wrote:
    > Yeah, only problem is I don't really have a high-level pokemon with a
    > good physical attack, except Geodude who would get creamed with Surf or
    > Ice Beam.

    Ugh. That's why I like my Blaziken (currently L66, Flamethrower, Brick
    Break, Thunderpunch and Earthquake) - both attack stats are excellent and
    it's got the move pool, at least as of Emerald, to take advantage of them
    and enough Speed to risk taking on stuff that has a type advantage (as long
    as he's got a super-effective stat against that type of course)

    Joseph William Dixon wrote:
    > On Fri, 3 Jun 2005, John Salerno wrote:
    >
    >>Yeah, only problem is I don't really have a high-level pokemon with a
    >>good physical attack, except Geodude who would get creamed with Surf or
    >>Ice Beam.
    >

    > Ugh. That's why I like my Blaziken (currently L66, Flamethrower, Brick
    > Break, Thunderpunch and Earthquake) - both attack stats are excellent and
    > it's got the move pool, at least as of Emerald, to take advantage of them
    > and enough Speed to risk taking on stuff that has a type advantage (as long
    > as he's got a super-effective stat against that type of course)

    I have a Blaziken actually (Flamethrower, Sky Uppercut, Slash, Mirror
    Move), but if I don't get a one-hit KO, Milotic uses Surf on him.

Games Nintendo Video Games