Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

.xls

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
April 2, 2005 3:16:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

What free programs will open .xls files and print?
You help would be appreciated,
Hal

More about : xls

Anonymous
April 2, 2005 5:23:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

[[Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel
installed.]]

Download details: Excel Viewer 2003
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uRhQQD8NFHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Harold <hartmanhr@acsalaska.net> hunted and pecked:
> What free programs will open .xls files and print?
> You help would be appreciated,
> Hal
April 2, 2005 5:23:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Worked great, many thanks Wes, Have a nice weekend
Hal
"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:eExbSH8NFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> [[Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel
> installed.]]
>
> Download details: Excel Viewer 2003
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:uRhQQD8NFHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> Harold <hartmanhr@acsalaska.net> hunted and pecked:
>> What free programs will open .xls files and print?
>> You help would be appreciated,
>> Hal
>
Related resources
Anonymous
April 2, 2005 7:30:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

You too, Hal.


--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:unjxao8NFHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
Harold <hartmanhr@acsalaska.net> hunted and pecked:
> Worked great, many thanks Wes, Have a nice weekend
> Hal
> "Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:eExbSH8NFHA.3076@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> [[Open, view, and print Excel workbooks, even if you don't have Excel
>> installed.]]
>>
>> Download details: Excel Viewer 2003
>>
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyI...
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>>
>> Wes
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>>
>> In news:uRhQQD8NFHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
>> Harold <hartmanhr@acsalaska.net> hunted and pecked:
>>> What free programs will open .xls files and print?
>>> You help would be appreciated,
>>> Hal
Anonymous
April 24, 2005 5:28:22 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

Excel viewer available from Microsoft.com. It will allow viewing (and
printing) of the files; but you need MS Excel to change or save the data.

"Harold" <hartmanhr@acsalaska.net> wrote in message
news:uRhQQD8NFHA.2604@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> What free programs will open .xls files and print?
> You help would be appreciated,
> Hal
>
April 24, 2005 5:28:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

"Andrew Murray" <admurray@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
news:426b2e76$0$24087$5a62ac22@per-qv1-newsreader-01.iinet.net.au...
> Excel viewer available from Microsoft.com. It will allow viewing (and
> printing) of the files; but you need MS Excel to change or save the data.

Not true - the excellent FREE Open Office will do anything with Excel files
that the average user needs. Including saving them in Excel format
afterwards.
--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
Interim Systems and Management Accounting
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
!