NET Framework 1.1 will not install on my computer

Terryjo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I have tried everything I can think of - several programs I am trying to install require NET Framework to run. When I try to install it, it tells me that it failed and to contact product support. Since I do not have $99 an hour to pay Microsoft, I need to find the answer myself. I downloaded the newest copy from Microsoft, and even installed NET framework 2 but nothing helps. My machine does not show it as installed. Can someone help me? Thanks.

Terryjo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
I have all the latest updates, at least that is what I am told when I go in to see if there are any updates available. The one you mentioned is for Windows NT Server 4.0 and I have Windows XP Home on this machine. I am confused. Please reply. Thanks.

gernhart

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2007
I had the same problem- this may sound crazy but it worked for me- download the free quickbooks program Simple start free edition from
http://quickbooks.intuit.com/product/accounting_software/free_accounting_software.jhtml
This program will install the net framework 1.1 when you go to install it-
BUT
fIRST GO TO http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...11-194b-4c00-b445-f92bec03032f&DisplayLang=en
and download and install the met framework 1.0 program- you can then install the Quickbooks program, which will install netframework 1.1 and should not have any problems

Terryjo

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Sorry I never came back on and told the results. After many attempts, searches, and asking anyone and everyone, I finally got in touch with someone from Microsoft. He worked with me for quite a while until we finally corrected whatever was causing the problem and fixed it. The reason it was important to me was I could not install and use Quickbooks without it. I don't really understand what the problem was so unfortunately I cannot help anyone else. All I can say is keep after it if you have the problem.

duder

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2009