need a list of VGAs vista ultmiate rdy!!

wait for r600 so the prices get down ?

• yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • no

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

df_fer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
hey guys i need help i wanna buy graphiccard but i don't know if it's compatible with vista ultimate ....i got my eyes on either x1950pro-7950gto-x1950xt
i don't know if they work on vista ultimate softly......

if anyone can link me to a website or something to get a list of compatible VGAs with vista ultimate .....

o second thing i need help ..... my salary is coming in 2 days and i want to get 8800gts but i want to wait for 31 of this month so the prices can go down due to r600...... so what u think should i wait or just get my card ?

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
or this
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=232602&highlight=

Edit: 8O Lol oc, you cheated :wink: Hahaha, nvm, as long as it helps others

oc

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2004
or this
http://forumz.tomshardware.com/software/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=232602&highlight=

Edit: 8O Lol oc, you cheated :wink: Hahaha, nvm, as long as it helps others

:lol:

df_fer

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2006
thanx guys for the links

thought came to my mind u think in near future some games will only be compatible on DX10 for high graphics ? or is the difference in DX10 & 9 is in FPS only ?
i mean is there somthing that might be ONLY compatible with DX10 ?

thank you guys for ur time

jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
Actually I would wait even longer. So far vista has proven to be crap for gaming so I would wait at least till the first service pack for it.

Crap if you use Nvidia, yes.

With ATI, Vista works just fine now, FPS are close to identical to XP.

jamesgoddard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2005
thought came to my mind u think in near future some games will only be compatible on DX10 for high graphics ? or is the difference in DX10 & 9 is in FPS only ?

An app that is ONLY compatible with DX10 is probably a couple of years away at least; most games will have DX9 compatibility.

The main reason to use DX10 is not FPS but more lifelike visuals.

aBg_rOnGak

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
IMO, game developers might don't want to alienate existing user base...at least in the near future. This is because not all user have the cash to go with the flow...some just want basic PC usage/ light gaming. If you come to third world country, you might understand better why I'm saying this. price is high, availability is scarce. I bet you might find dinosaur fossils faster/ earlier than finding a good graphics cards that's comparable to Newegg in terms of price and availablity.

oc

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2004
thanx guys for the links

thank you guys for ur time

Its hard to say, but i think its not gonna be in the near future. just buy a dx10 card now from nvidia or if you can wait for ati/amd response. (it better be good if it takes them that long).

mad_murdock

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2006
To you original question, Pretty much any card that has dedicated 128 Meg of ram and is DX 9.0 works. I've seen people posts that they are using cards like the nVidia FX5200 and ATI 9200. My Craptop has a 9600 mobility, but with only 32 meg of ram, and then uses system ram for the rest and it will run the Aero desktop.

According to Gamestop's release list, the real DX10 games won't be coming out until around Sept (Crysis, Hellgate London). Suprememe Commander is released, but the DX10 update is a few months out, same for Flight Sim X. So while ATI is taking their sweet time releasing a card, there isn't an immediate need for a DX10 card, so I wouldn't be in any rush to grab one. Once ATI gets one out, and I can see some benchmark numbers, then I'll be ready to make a decision

Status
Not open for further replies.