inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I am curious if i really need to buy a new windows cd. I actully already have it on 2 computers but i own la copie for each computer but no longer have the cds for them. Now i'm buying a new computer do you think i really need a new windows cd? My questions is basicly how many computers do you have the same copie on. for how long. Is it kinda safe to do that?

riser

Illustrious
If you bought a computer with Windows already installed on it, it's only good for that PC.

If you bought Windows in the store and installed it on your computer, it's 1 license good to be on 1 computer at any given time. If you lost this CD, you could have someone burn you the CD and use your License Key to reinstall.

Basically, if you bought Windows from a store, you can install it on any computer as long as only once instance is out there.

If you bought a Dell computer and have their version of Windows, it's only good for that computer.

inuyashafly

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2005
I'll be a bit more specific. I read most the licens at one time i know its one copy to one computer at a time. I want to know if ill get cought basicly. if i use the same copie. I already have the same copiy on 2 computers but its a differenct situation. Oh I built my computers so obviosly...