espeon and umbreon in emerald?

do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming it...

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:58:41 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>
>do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
>cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming it...

Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.

So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.

WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
(midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).

And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.

James

James wrote:
>>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:58:41 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
>>cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming it...
>

> Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
> Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
> Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
> the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.
>
> So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
> the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
> level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
> and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
> finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
> with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.
>
> WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
> (midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).
>
> And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
> to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
> stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
> given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.
>
> James

Thanks for the info. I already have the 'elemental' Eevees, and I'm
working on two Eevees for Umb/Esp right now. I've been feeding it
berries that increase happiness, but only yesterday did I actually look
up the numerical values for how tameness works. I think I have a little
ways to go before they evolve.

(This is all part of my mad quest to finally get my pokedex as complete
as possible, without any regard for actually training the pokemon to be
'good') :)

John Salerno wrote:
> James wrote:
>
>>> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:58:41 -0400, John Salerno
>>> <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
>>> cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming
>>> it...
>>

>> Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
>> Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
>> Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
>> the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.
>>
>> So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
>> the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
>> level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
>> and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
>> finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
>> with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.
>>
>> WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
>> (midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).
>>
>> And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
>> to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
>> stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
>> given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.
>>
>> James
>>

> Thanks for the info. I already have the 'elemental' Eevees, and I'm
> working on two Eevees for Umb/Esp right now. I've been feeding it
> berries that increase happiness, but only yesterday did I actually look
> up the numerical values for how tameness works. I think I have a little
> ways to go before they evolve.
>
> (This is all part of my mad quest to finally get my pokedex as complete
> as possible, without any regard for actually training the pokemon to be
> 'good') :)

If you've got a good enough team to carry some deadweight on the elite
4, you can have them in your team. Even if you never take them out, they
get a lot of happiness from beating the Elite 4. I've found it takes 3-4
times through to max happiness.

Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
> John Salerno wrote:

>>>Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
>>>Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
>>>Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
>>>the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.
>>>
>>>So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
>>>the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
>>>level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
>>>and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
>>>finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
>>>with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.
>>>
>>>WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
>>>(midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).
>>>
>>>And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
>>>to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
>>>stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
>>>given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.
>>>
>>>James
>>>

>>Thanks for the info. I already have the 'elemental' Eevees, and I'm
>>working on two Eevees for Umb/Esp right now. I've been feeding it
>>berries that increase happiness, but only yesterday did I actually look
>>up the numerical values for how tameness works. I think I have a little
>>ways to go before they evolve.
>>
>>(This is all part of my mad quest to finally get my pokedex as complete
>>as possible, without any regard for actually training the pokemon to be
>>'good') :)
>

> If you've got a good enough team to carry some deadweight on the elite
> 4, you can have them in your team. Even if you never take them out, they
> get a lot of happiness from beating the Elite 4. I've found it takes 3-4
> times through to max happiness.

Hmmm....should have taken Eevee with me because I just went through the
E4 again (hoping to get enough money to buy coins for Flamethrower, Ice
Beam, or Thunderbolt, so I can teach them all to Mewtwo). But even one
time through isn't enough (80,000).