espeon and umbreon in emerald?

do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming it...
4 answers Last reply
More about espeon umbreon emerald

    >On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:58:41 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
    >cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming it...

    Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
    Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
    Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
    the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.

    So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
    the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
    level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
    and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
    finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
    with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.

    WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
    (midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).

    And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
    to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
    stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
    given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.

    James

    James wrote:
    >>On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:58:41 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
    >>
    >>do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
    >>cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming it...
    >

    > Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
    > Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
    > Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
    > the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.
    >
    > So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
    > the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
    > level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
    > and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
    > finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
    > with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.
    >
    > WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
    > (midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).
    >
    > And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
    > to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
    > stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
    > given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.
    >
    > James

    Thanks for the info. I already have the 'elemental' Eevees, and I'm
    working on two Eevees for Umb/Esp right now. I've been feeding it
    berries that increase happiness, but only yesterday did I actually look
    up the numerical values for how tameness works. I think I have a little
    ways to go before they evolve.

    (This is all part of my mad quest to finally get my pokedex as complete
    as possible, without any regard for actually training the pokemon to be
    'good') :)

    John Salerno wrote:
    > James wrote:
    >
    >>> On Mon, 06 Jun 2005 20:58:41 -0400, John Salerno
    >>> <johnjsal@NOSPAMgmail.com> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> do these two evolutions work in emerald, since it uses the day/night
    >>> cycle? i'm assuming it does, but i hadn't heard anything confirming
    >>> it...
    >>

    >> Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
    >> Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
    >> Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
    >> the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.
    >>
    >> So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
    >> the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
    >> level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
    >> and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
    >> finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
    >> with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.
    >>
    >> WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
    >> (midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).
    >>
    >> And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
    >> to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
    >> stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
    >> given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.
    >>
    >> James
    >>

    > Thanks for the info. I already have the 'elemental' Eevees, and I'm
    > working on two Eevees for Umb/Esp right now. I've been feeding it
    > berries that increase happiness, but only yesterday did I actually look
    > up the numerical values for how tameness works. I think I have a little
    > ways to go before they evolve.
    >
    > (This is all part of my mad quest to finally get my pokedex as complete
    > as possible, without any regard for actually training the pokemon to be
    > 'good') :)

    If you've got a good enough team to carry some deadweight on the elite
    4, you can have them in your team. Even if you never take them out, they
    get a lot of happiness from beating the Elite 4. I've found it takes 3-4
    times through to max happiness.

    Brion K. Lienhart wrote:
    > John Salerno wrote:

    >>>Yes, it does work. You need to get the National Dex first from Prof
    >>>Birch by beating the Elite Four. You can then trade Eevee over from
    >>>Fire Red or Leaf Green as long as you've done the Island Quest to fix
    >>>the Network Machine on Island 1 in FR/LG.
    >>>
    >>>So with Eevee now in Emerald, like with Ruby or Sapphire, give Eevee
    >>>the soothe bell and train them by battling and healing until they
    >>>level up. A quicker way is to take the newly traded Eevee to Lilycove
    >>>and buy 5 or 6 rounds of "meds" (protein, carbos, etc.) and then
    >>>finish off with a rare candy once you've checked maximum happiness
    >>>with the Happiness Rater at Verdanturf.
    >>>
    >>>WARNING - due to the time of day involved, you can get either Umbreon
    >>>(midnight to noon) or Espeon (noon to midnight).
    >>>
    >>>And to get the other Eeveelutions in Emerald, take Eevee and a Ditto
    >>>to the Day Care centre between Verdanturf and Mauville. The various
    >>>stones can be obtained from the coloured shards (found by diving)
    >>>given to the Shard Hunter on Route 124.
    >>>
    >>>James
    >>>

    >>Thanks for the info. I already have the 'elemental' Eevees, and I'm
    >>working on two Eevees for Umb/Esp right now. I've been feeding it
    >>berries that increase happiness, but only yesterday did I actually look
    >>up the numerical values for how tameness works. I think I have a little
    >>ways to go before they evolve.
    >>
    >>(This is all part of my mad quest to finally get my pokedex as complete
    >>as possible, without any regard for actually training the pokemon to be
    >>'good') :)
    >

    > If you've got a good enough team to carry some deadweight on the elite
    > 4, you can have them in your team. Even if you never take them out, they
    > get a lot of happiness from beating the Elite 4. I've found it takes 3-4
    > times through to max happiness.

    Hmmm....should have taken Eevee with me because I just went through the
    E4 again (hoping to get enough money to buy coins for Flamethrower, Ice
    Beam, or Thunderbolt, so I can teach them all to Mewtwo). But even one
    time through isn't enough (80,000).

Games Nintendo Video Games