Windows XP Pro installation errors

Having been attempting to install XP Pro on a new PC. Using a MSI PT880-Neo
motherboard with intel prescot P4 2.4 CPU, 256MB DDR memory, 40GB hard drive
and cdrom. Installation will format hard drive completely, but when the
process begins to copy files needed for installation, it continually stops at
various files saying they cannot be copied. Have tried two different XP
discs with the ssame results. Anybody have any answers?
--
kah
2 answers Last reply

    I've seen the exact same symptoms on several XP installations that ended up
    being faulty RAM :-)

    "kah" <kah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Having been attempting to install XP Pro on a new PC. Using a MSI
    > PT880-Neo
    > motherboard with intel prescot P4 2.4 CPU, 256MB DDR memory, 40GB hard
    > drive
    > and cdrom. Installation will format hard drive completely, but when the
    > process begins to copy files needed for installation, it continually stops
    > at
    > various files saying they cannot be copied. Have tried two different XP
    > discs with the ssame results. Anybody have any answers?
    > --
    > kah

    Skip those files and continue installation. Then copy i386 folder from XP cd
    to hard drive and run an in-place upgrade. For that open i386 folder in the
    harddrive and run winnt32.exe file. All the best !!!!

    "kah" wrote:

    > Having been attempting to install XP Pro on a new PC. Using a MSI PT880-Neo
    > motherboard with intel prescot P4 2.4 CPU, 256MB DDR memory, 40GB hard drive
    > and cdrom. Installation will format hard drive completely, but when the
    > process begins to copy files needed for installation, it continually stops at
    > various files saying they cannot be copied. Have tried two different XP
    > discs with the ssame results. Anybody have any answers?
    > --
    > kah

Installation Error Hard Drives Windows XP