BigRollTide

Distinguished
May 31, 2002
Great...dam amazing what a Google search will do, yet not a single one of those with stock is in the Western Hemisphere! I don't use www.google.com.uk.

aigomorla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
http://www.koolance.com/default.php

oh hellz no....

okey let me start you guys off right with the Full Cover block NEWBIE info.

Full Cover blocks should not, and i say this very firmly, should NEVER be used in a waterloop which has has a pump weaker then a DDC-2 /w Radical or Petra top.

The reason to this is because it causes a massive flow restriction. This causes water to stay in your CPU area longer, which in turn heats up the water more. This then causes a major increase in the GPU Temps as well as CPU temps.

Now that you guys are aware of this. Koolance uses 1/4 native, with some using 3/8th intakes. From the top discussed, can we see this is a VERY VERY bad solution if you intend to cool it nicely, or OC on it??

NOW if your using a single pump weaker then the DDC-2 aka Swiftech 355

These pumps would BE:
Laing D4 and D5 SWiftech counter part: 650 655
Laing DDC1 aka swiftech 350
AquaXtreme's pump.
Any other inline pump on DC.

Your better option is to go something less restrictive like the swiftech MCW60 with 8800GTX/GTS modification pack.

If your using a Dual pump layout, which i highly doubt anyone here uses besides me, then you can get full covered blocks without a performance impact. Or if your using an IWAKI, which i also doubt anyone of you will use, because you would of jumped at this top b4 me, then a full cover block is also acceptable.

Does this make sense?? stay away from full covered blocks unless you have the flow to sport them. They will only increase your temps and make you complain why your not getting what you think you should be getting.