Sign in with
Your question

Need files to make Win2K boot disk. NO CD!

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Anonymous
December 5, 2000 4:01:46 AM

I'm at college and my Win2K Professional cd is back home with my brother. I've recently crashed my system and am in dire need of the contents in the boot disk folder (makeboot.exe, etc.) on the Win2K Pro cd in order to get my system back up again. Does anyone know where I can get these files, or if there is another way through which I can create a bootup disk from another computer running win2k without their cd? Thanks for the help.
Anonymous
December 5, 2000 5:24:50 PM

Reply with a valid email address or xdrive or driveway. I will see what I can do to help.

Dave
HelpDeskAnalyst
Anonymous
December 5, 2000 7:00:28 PM

My email address is wilcox@uwplatt.edu. The only problem is that currently I can only access my account through telnet and have no way through which I can receive the files. I'm using my friend's computer right now, so I guess they could be sent to his computer and from there transferred to me. If you have ICQ, we could transfer through that. I'd feel better playing with his ICQ than dealing with his personal email account...hehe. His ICQ number is: 12568877. Thanks a bunch for trying to help, friend.
!