[SOLVED] Whats apples excuse for the crappy laptop graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.

victordilorenzo

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
the new MBP has a NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M, why not a gtx 260m or 280m, which would perform a million times better. Apple did this with the last gen too when they used a really crappy 9600gt m + put a 9400m in there, when they could have just put 1 good card in there.

I know many people would not use their mbp for gaming, but it would be nice to have the option...

Solution
the reason they don't have it is that they aren't considered gaming laptops, they are macs and they do their own thing

though why not buy a PC that has a good gpu as mac won't have a good gpu for a long while (if ever) and if it did it would be a lot more expensive

victordilorenzo

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2008
thats a good theory.

I just wont buy a new mbp till they do what I want though, I have my gaming PC to hold me off, Id like more power on the go though, and since my mbp is over 3 years old, I wish apple would get this stuff together alwredy.

the reason they don't have it is that they aren't considered gaming laptops, they are macs and they do their own thing

though why not buy a PC that has a good gpu as mac won't have a good gpu for a long while (if ever) and if it did it would be a lot more expensive

Solution

ak22

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2007

I thinks due to the fact that not many publishers support mac, now that steam, value and EA games are growing on mac hopefully next gen....

dlthomas

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2010
Yes the graphics cards on mac laptops suck big time and to add insult to injury you can't even upgrade them.. I don't game but even the performance of 3d apps is questionable to say the least. Buy a pc for that kind of thing.

this is misleading as even most PC laptops can't be upgraded either (in terms of graphics), so if you get a crap one on a PC you are stuck with it as well

The more intriguing question is "What's your excuse for buying an Apple"?

In most cases, you get what you pay for. In Apples case, you pay for more than you get, and then keep paying.

this is true (IMO) as my laptop that i have only had for a few months now would have been $3500+ (when ordered ) as a MBP, but paid $1400 between the laptop (with 2GB of ram and 160GB HDD) + 640GB WD HDD + 8GB(2x4GB) memory

Status
Not open for further replies.