Underclocked E6300 Multiplier

teh_sutton

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2007
My e6300 has set its multiplier to 6 instead of 7 and therefore is only running at 1.6Ghz what do I need to disable in the BIOS to get it back up to stock speeds?

my mobo is a GA-965P-S3 made by Gigabyte

BTW I have never actually used my BIOS before so a really simple step by step sort of thing would really help!

thanks for any help :)

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
Might help if you say what your MB brand is.

Not all MB bios(s) are the same. So basically it may be hard to give a step to step guide.

Usually from what I read, to disable speedstep, you need to look for and disable:

EIST

and

C1E

In windows, the power scheme should also be set for "always on". I think.

31computers

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
I was overclocking, and I got to a point where the CPU-Z showed the multiplier had dropped frpm 7 to 6 and I was running at 2.3Ghz!. This should not be possible on the E6300 with a locked multiplier of 7! I was running CPU at 386Mhz hoping for 2.7 Ghz.

I rebooted and pressed Del to enter BIOS, and noticed that the wording on the bootup screens said my E6300 was running at 2.7Ghz., even though CPU-Z had its ******** in a twist.

Go by your BIOS screen :D

Grimmy

Splendid
Feb 20, 2006
and I did say what make my mobo was - Gigabyte :D

:oops: . o O (sorry, must have read it too fast)

@31computers

I hope you understand what speed step is for (EIST and C1E). If you have those enabled with your OC, it will adjust accordingly to save power when it is not in use.

When your in the bios, it will put a load on the CPU (perhaps on most bios's). So that may be the reason why you see it at 7 instead of 6 in windows.

However, there were some people saying they were in the bios, and everything was reduced or below stock speeds. I guess each to it's own on different brand MB's.